D40 3inch exhaust HELP

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexBrissy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm wondering if anyone knows any cheap, reliable and Australian supplied (doesn't have to be an Australian supplier) 3inch stainless steel exhaust system with cat and muffler. For my Nissan Navara 2012 d40 RX Auto.

I had a three inch system in stainless steel including a new cat converter fitted by AAA Exhausts here in Adelaide. I think that the parts used were called King Brown.

I had a three inch system in stainless steel including a new cat converter fitted by AAA Exhausts here in Adelaide. I think that the parts used were called King Brown.

How loud did it get?

I'm tossing up the idea of ditching the DPF and going 3 inch with at least a hotdog to avoid drone.

I want the performance without it sounding like a wheezing Kenworth

You'll most likely find that big bore exhaust alone will not give much of a performance boost, if at all . Such is the nature of Variable Vane turbos. If you do go big bore certainly go the proper job ressinator. Forget cheap hot dogs the flutes are actually restrictive. Nothing could be worse than the drone or even turbo whistle on a long trip.

I did the cheap arse muffler delete on my D40, has no DPF. Noise didn't really increase and fuel economy improved by .5L per 100k's. No gain in performance.

Hey Guys,
I'm wondering if anyone knows any cheap, reliable and Australian supplied (doesn't have to be an Australian supplier) 3inch stainless steel exhaust system with cat and muffler. For my Nissan Navara 2012 d40 RX Auto.
I brought a 3inch system through Scott's Rods no trouble at all.

How loud did it get?

I'm tossing up the idea of ditching the DPF and going 3 inch with at least a hotdog to avoid drone.

I want the performance without it sounding like a wheezing Kenworth
My Navara did not have a DPF - they were fitted to the auto tranny models only in 2010 (Spanish built).
I have a cat converter (a very small one up near the turbo)) and a muffler just in front of the rear axle. I believe it is a straight through, but the car is not noisy at all. There was a slight improvement in power that I could feel plus a small gain in fuel economy on trips.

You'll most likely find that big bore exhaust alone will not give much of a performance boost, if at all . Such is the nature of Variable Vane turbos. If you do go big bore certainly go the proper job ressinator. Forget cheap hot dogs the flutes are actually restrictive. Nothing could be worse than the drone or even turbo whistle on a long trip.

I did the cheap arse muffler delete on my D40, has no DPF. Noise didn't really increase and fuel economy improved by .5L per 100k's. No gain in performance.

Thanks mate, when I refer to performance gains, it's more the acceleration off the line and lag that I'm wanting to target.. Letting that turbo breathe should definitely help even if it's 5-10% difference.

I've got another turbo diesel car as the family cruiser.. muffler delete, CAI and an ECU tune did more than wake it up.. Torque went from 530 to just under 700.

I'm going to leave the D40 alone as the old girl has enough K's on her that I don't want to make her struggle anymore than she needs to.

My Navara did not have a DPF - they were fitted to the auto tranny models only in 2010 (Spanish built).
I have a cat converter (a very small one up near the turbo)) and a muffler just in front of the rear axle. I believe it is a straight through, but the car is not noisy at all. There was a slight improvement in power that I could feel plus a small gain in fuel economy on trips.

I got the DPF model unfortunately, tossing up whether it remains a DPF model for much longer!

Main bit I'm interested in was the acceleration, did you notice a good improvement on off the line performance and reduction in lag?

Hey im new to this forum but happy to give my info where it helps.

Have you had a look at PPD Performance? I've just ordered a 3" Staineless exhusat system for my 2013 D40 ST, maybe its worth having a look on their website and see if theres anything that works? i know when i ordered mine i had an option of cat/no cat etc

Latest posts

Back