D23 NP300 2016 UK. Poor starting, goes into limp mode but resets when vehicle is warm

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithsudlow

Reaction score
Motor struggles to start in the morning. When it does fire up it stays in limp mode until the engine is warm. After a few miles I pull aside, switch off the engine then restart. No more limp mode and no warning lights. Runs great thereafter. Any suggestions as to the possible cause.

I'm not sure what this could be. It would be worth asking the ECU if it thinks there's a problem with, say, the Suction Control Valve (which may not result in a Check Engine Light, but will induce limp mode). You might need to ask the ECU when the engine's cold.

If it is reporting the SCV as a problem, it would be worth checking that you don't have a leak in the fuel system that's allowing air to seep in while the car's stopped. It doesn't need much to trigger this - just a bit of air is all it needs, and if your car starts and keeps running but still gets this error, you are lucky in that you've caught the error early.

One way to test this completely: before starting the car, pop the bonnet and squeeze the fuel primer heaps, then drive it and see if the problem's gone. When mine started playing up, I'd squeeze mine about 30 times to prevent the error happening. Once I had the bad fuel line replaced the problem was solved.

Thanks Tony. Had it scanned and it came back showing engine signal to abs fault and fuel pressure sensor fault. Had it towed into my local garage who are going to look at it on Monday. Had it remapped a couple of weeks ago and just hope this has nothing to do with it. I think you may be right and the issue has something to do with fuel system. Thanks for you quick reply. Will let you know the outcome.

Latest posts

Back