D23 no power, no boost, no engine codes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ngc350

Reaction score
Hi people,

I have a d23 ys23ddtt that has popped up with a strange problem. The big girl starts perfect, idles perfect, no codes or engine light.When driving blows no smoke or rough running but has zero power at. My scan tool shows no boost pressure through live data and absolute throttle position is sitting on 90% all day every day (which is concerning). Car is just out of warranty so Nissan don’t want to help at all. I find it strange that if tps does not change and no boost pressure seen that ecu does not throw code regardless of engine rpm. Has anyone seen similar problem as I have spoken to many diesel mechanic colleagues that haven’t seen this problem either are we are all stumped. This bullet proof engine seems to have an Achilles heal that no one knows about.

couple of thoughts.
scan tool may be showing the inverse, ie its actually 10% throttle. the fact that its not changing suggests issue with the throttle. that would certainly explain low power.
they typically run two sensors in the units and trips if one fails. but it could be a common problem either mechanically or electrically, so both failing at the same time making it look like its working and there is simply no movement on the pedal.

the other thing is to check everything in the vehicle. see what else does not work.
for eg on the d22 you can get no start if brake light fuse is blown.

Throttle pedal is splitting resistance perfectly with multi meter so pedal is good. The fact that the ecu can’t read the pedal and the tps and see a differential and throw a code is weird. I have seen other vehicles that read 90% on absolute throttle and work perfectly which also does my head in. Cruise control doesn’t work now which is a symptom of boost control actuators but mine have tested fine. I have also blanked the egr valve and symptoms are the same. I’m looking at three things, the boost actuators are testing ok but are actually dead, the tps is faulty but I seem to be the only one that has shat one at 5 yrs old or the maf sensor is not giving proper feedback to ecu even tho live data is reading fine.

is it splitting diff on both sets of Resistance? i think one has different voltage output to the other.
not sure if they have idle switches or full throttle switch. make sure ones not jammed on.
if your not getting range of throttle output in live data then throttle is suspect.

nothing weird like brakes lights staying on?

Cruise control doesn’t work now which is a symptom of boost control actuators
i doubt boost control has anything to do with cruise control.
cruise control needs throttle, brake, clutch switches. speed sensor (typically abs).

if your manual check clutch switch and possibly gearbox neutral switch. not sure they have neutral switch but common problem in other models.

No cruise control is a common side affect in navaras when boost controllers fail.

I can confirm that the 90% throttle thing is normal. My scan tool shows that all the time as well.

there are some filters for the boost controller that can get clogged up causing issues. so it may not be the controllers themselves

Yeah I put my scanner on a mates d23 and it showed the same. I’m pointed towards the transmission at the moment as it has now thrown the 4wd light and a red engine light. I love how these d23s show no dtc for anything. Already cleaned filters and tested the controllers and all good.

Any more news on this mate?

I'm having a similar issue with a 2016 d23, no boost reading even after replacing MAP sensor and testing wiring back to ECU

My own problem turned out to be faulty temperature sensor.
Witch one of the temperature sensors? I know that there's one in the map sensor but even after replacing it I still have the same issue.

Even after logging data.. My workshop do not have a clue.. they say that the data was sent to Nissan here in Sweden but they don't know what's the trouble is. So.. I'm stuck..

My d23 is a 2017..

The one in the engine block that indicates temperature on the dash board. It cost me around US$70 including labour. I realised what the problem possibly was when it went into limp mode and the temperature gauge on the dash was in the red zone. I lifted the bonnet (hood) and there was no steaming or sizzling from the engine. Problem solved.

Any more news on this mate?

I'm having a similar issue with a 2016 d23, no boost reading even after replacing MAP sensor and testing wiring back to ECU
No not yet, checked all 4wd sensors and transfer case all good but 4wd light comes and goes. Going to check all my ground straps and plugs next. This Ute will be the death of me

When I do a live data view it shows me boost regulation inactive but still no codes.

Latest posts

Back