D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keviny63

Reaction score
I have a D22 2006 Navara ZD30DI 240.000 km manual transmission will not rev over 2200 rpm would anyone no what to look for? Thanks

Need more info. In what situation won't it rev over 2200 rpm...sitting there trying to rev it in neutral, going through the gears? Or does it feel gutless and won't rev out on the highway? Is it in limp mode, any lights on the dash?

No lights on dash , sitting at idle rev 2000 rpm then it fluctuate will not go any higher and when you try to drive it the same thing

First thing would be to change the fuel filter, to make sure it seals properly and it isn't blocked or starving for fuel. Then check the throttle position switch. Could try a "relearn" first. Some info in the linked thread about it.

There are other things that could give similar problems such as neutral position switch or boost sensor, but they would usually only do this in specific ways that sound different to what you are experiencing.

Have you got an aftermarket chip? Cruise control?

https://www.navaraforum.com/threads/d22-zd30-throttle-cutting-out-intro.28117/

No aftermarket chip all standard will look at the throttle first as I have a spare one I can try thanks will let you know how I go

Throttle switch changed still the same I am going to try boost sensor and vacuum solenoids and see what it does

I wonder if your check engine light doesn't work? That behaviour sounds like it should trigger some sort of fault code. Can you get hold of a scan tool?
Certainly weird, but by elimination and with the experience on this forum you ought to get it sorted

very common for neutral switch to pack up.
simple test is put it in gear and turn on the heat switch. if rpm goes up neutral switch is faulty.
simple fix is to simply unplug the switch.

I wonder if your check engine light doesn't work? That behaviour sounds like it should trigger some sort of fault code. Can you get hold of a scan tool?
Certainly weird, but by elimination and with the experience on this forum you ought to get it sorted
Yeah check the light I made a code come up the cleared it replaced fuel filter, crank angle sensor, the throttle pedal, and still not working

Yeah check the light I made a code come up the cleared it replaced fuel filter, crank angle sensor, the throttle pedal, and still not working
Well, that leaves the nps as the last of the easy possible causes. They usually go intermittently first, usually get problems going from 2nd-3rd-4th gears, but yours might have packed it in entirely. Easiest way to check is simply to disconnect it and take it for a spin.

Tried that no good I think I will have to post the answer when I find out what it is no one has had this problem before

Good luck with it and keep us posted as to what you find.

There might be someone who has had a similar problem that hasn't read the thread as yet. It does seem a strange one though. Sounds as though it is in limp mode but with no warning/engine light.

the symptoms sounds like blocked fuel filter or air being sucked into fuel lines.
but typically that brings up engine light.

No dpf on this model and changed fuel filter, had no a/c working so I bypassed a/c wire with a wire from a/c fuse to compressor and now it works and then it started to rev all the way, so I think it maybe a relay some were that is causing the problem . It has run probably for four days now

ecu controls the aircon but it also runs through an aircon ecu which has the temp probe.
but afaik there is two different systems.

Latest posts

Back