D22 ZD30 won’t fire please help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2003 d22 zd30 that won’t fire. I throw the turbo through the motor so got it completely rebuilt. First time the engine locked up, got it fixed. Put it back in the Ute and now it will crank over but won’t fire. Came up with the crank angle sensor fault, erased that fault and continuously came up with all different faults relating to injector pump, erg, air intake value. I changed the crank sensor and the crank angle sensor fault came up again. When the mapping sensor is disconnected, the engine light constantly flashes. Any ideas??

to get multiple faults its typically something thats common to all. leaving off a chassis to block earth strap is a common mistake, but because there is a multiple earths it means it will still run but you can cop interference which is known screw up the sensors, especially crank sensor.
check harness for any damage in case the engine hit a harness when being installed.

U done domdbadic stuf? Check injections are deliver fuel, etc? Diesel smell out the exhaust? Aero start. Should fire if timing/compression is right

The ZD30 will fire if you disconnect the ECU and put starting fluid in the intake. Good check for valves, compression etc.

If that works, and it wont fire with the ECU connected, then the first suspect is fuel delivery. Even with all sensors in error/faulty, the ECU will always order the injection pump to inject a bit of diesel.

So check the fuel path: filter (pump gets hard?), injectors produce fuel etc.. Check the wiring to the injection pump. Remove an injector and check it is injecting fuel.

i do assume the injection pump was bled. need to loosen an injector connection to get the air out, otherwise they often air lock and won't run.

Latest posts

Back