D22 ZD30 TD Crank no Start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara-D22

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

2005 Navara D22 ZD30 TD Cranks but no start.

Question 1:

Fuel Pump Relay location?

Question 2:

Was running fine no issues what so ever I turned it off and when I wanted to start it up again no start just cranks. Thinking an issue like that has to be either a relay/fuse as it had no other symptoms?

not sure if there is a fuel pump relay.

is there an alarm system fitted?
check for error codes.
check fuses, all of them not just engine related ones. there has been cases where things like blown tail light fuse causes engine no start.

there has been cases of injection pump ecu failure
and also starter relay arcs causing interference on the crank sensor.

not sure if there is a fuel pump relay.

is there an alarm system fitted?
check for error codes.
check fuses, all of them not just engine related ones. there has been cases where things like blown tail light fuse causes engine no start.

there has been cases of injection pump ecu failure
and also starter relay arcs causing interference on the crank sensor.

Yes there is an alarm/immobiliser...
Thanks for the reply had a mechanic look at it and told me its the Injector Pump...

i would just check how the alarm stops the engine from starting.
i've seen plenty of mechanics not even check any thing and just say its the pump.

edit also check its priming with fuel.
not the first time had fuel drain back to the tank. tho typically that it does start and then stop and can't restart.

Last edited:
i would just check how the alarm stops the engine from starting.
i've seen plenty of mechanics not even check any thing and just say its the pump.

edit also check its priming with fuel.
not the first time had fuel drain back to the tank. tho typically that it does start and then stop and can't restart.

Sorry for bringing this back to life but that bit about fuel draining back sounds a lot like what has just happened to my Nav. Started and drove mint for 20-25 minutes on the way to work before dying going up the last bit of hill. Wouldn't come anywhere near starting without some "Start ya bastard" up the air intake. Towed to the mechanics and its been starting and running perfectly the entire time its been there.

Have you go any clue on what might cause that?

fuel draining back is typically caused by an air leak and faulty valve in the fuel primer. however its more common to cause starting issues eg ute sits over night fuel slowly drains back to tank causing engine to have trouble starting in the morning. common places for leaks is the primer and fuel filter (especially bottom o ring).
however running for 20-25 minutes before cutting out? thats hard to say. first thing is clear fuel hose after the filter and you will see air bubbles if there is a leak. give it a rev because what can happen is air builds up in the fuel filter then gets sucked through when you rev it.

Yeah that makes sense. Car is still with mechanic, they're driving it when they need to go grab bits and pieces and one of the guys is gonna take it home and back so they can check it over a bit longer of a distance. If they don't find any issues by Wednesday I'm gonna grab it and get it home and just start working my way through stuff like the hoses etc, can't hurt to replace them

I remember when these cars were still reasonably new this happening. In that instance he never did find what caused it, but ended up selling it on mechanics advice because he couldn't get over the possibility that it was the beginning of (electronics) problems with the fuel pump. Only happened the once though, not sure if it eventually ever happened again.

It's going to be difficult diagnosing something this random. Especially as it's now running ok, but there are various possibilities.

Latest posts

Back