D22 zd30 not starting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good afternoon boys newbie here first post im having a lot of trouble getting the nav started any advice would be much appreciated it was sitting around for 2 weeks and went to crank it but no start leading up to this I did have a 1 second complete power loss while accelerating and it came straight back on no idea what that could of been. checked what codes come up and they were.
0407 crankshaft position sensor
0103 coolant temp sensor
0707 injector pump injection timing control
1004 injector pump fuel cut out system

I've replaced crankshaft position sensor I've checked and cleaned all the earth points checked all fuses I've replaced the fuel primer pump it was hard then a couple of minutes later I was get 4 pumps out of it not sure if that's normal it's still doing the same with the new one. I've check the resistance of the glow plugs there all good I'm struggling to find anything on 0707 and 1004 hoping not to go down a new injector pump road I'm not a mechanic by any means but love to fix my own cars and cash is tight atm lost my job recently and need to nav to get back to work . Any advice would be awesome cheers

Last edited:
Yup, over my head... happy for it to stay that way too ;)

If your original pump is over 80'000ks then I'd be calling the RACV ... j.k

But they are known for going, what year how many k's?

Fair enough haha I have no idea I've had the car for 6 months it's a 06 274000km definitely want to rule out everything before the pump yea I read that the pumps aren't good on the zd30 after I brought it haha

Good afternoon boys newbie here first post im having a lot of trouble getting the nav started any advice would be much appreciated it was sitting around for 2 weeks and went to crank it but no start leading up to this I did have a 1 second complete power loss while accelerating and it came straight back on no idea what that could of been. checked what codes come up and they were.
0407 crankshaft position sensor
0103 coolant temp sensor
0707 injector pump injection timing control
1004 injector pump fuel cut out system

I've replaced crankshaft position sensor I've checked and cleaned all the earth points checked all fuses I've replaced the fuel primer pump it was hard then a couple of minutes later I was get 4 pumps out of it not sure if that's normal it's still doing the same with the new one. I've check the resistance of the glow plugs there all good I'm struggling to find anything on 0707 and 1004 hoping not to go down a new injector pump road I'm not a mechanic by any means but love to fix my own cars and cash is tight atm lost my job recently and need to nav to get back to work . Any advice would be awesome cheers

0707 is timing control, ie injection pump failing to get to max timing.
1004 is fuel cut when driving down hill.

i would first clear the codes and see if they all come up again.

if its all those codes i'm suspecting something more like earths, especially the ecm earth inside the cab.
also check engine to chassis earth and chassis to battery earth.

I'll definitely put that on the list to check are they easy to diagnose ? thank you I know every couple of minutes I can pump about 4-5 times on the fuel primer pump till it goes hard if I have someone pumping the primer while I'm trying to start it it gives a tiny little splatter

if the primer doesnt hold hard it would have to be sucking air between primer and tank and or blocked line?? codes may be by product of fuel supply

Latest posts

Back