D22 ZD30 - lower rear diff ratio

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, sick of revving my ass off on highway travelling, anyone know my options for lowering my rear diff ratio, I heard standard is 4.375 for this model. Cheers Robert

if you haven't done it already, cheapest option would be to fit taller tyres. whichever option you go with, you'll lose some power. you'd also have to do both diffs!
v6 diffs might work?

if you haven't done it already, cheapest option would be to fit taller tyres. whichever option you go with, you'll lose some power. you'd also have to do both diffs!
v6 diffs might work?
OK Roger that, both diffs that kind of kills it. I would probably need to raise the vehicle to go to taller tyres aye?

simple problem is that while you make it lower rpm for cruise but getting going in first will suck.

first thing is what size tire are you running at the mo?

simple problem is that while you make it lower rpm for cruise but getting going in first will suck.

first thing is what size tire are you running at the mo?
Hey man, sorry for the delay been moving house, yeh tyre size is 265/70 on 16's can I change rim and tyre maybe even get my wheel arches modified. Cheers

I'm faced same problem 4,62 diffs in mexico ok. Driving in USA sucks too low geared. I first went to 265/75/16 did very little. I Then did a major change 33 in. That did the trick but Slow on take off. I bought a fuel rail tuner 140.00 US dollars . Has 15 clicks each gives more power . I left it on only 7 clicks . Has way more power then even stock small tires

I'm faced same problem 4,62 diffs in mexico ok. Driving in USA sucks too low geared. I first went to 265/75/16 did very little. I Then did a major change 33 in. That did the trick but Slow on take off. I bought a fuel rail tuner 140.00 US dollars . Has 15 clicks each gives more power . I left it on only 7 clicks . Has way more power then even stock small tires
ok awesome, so did you have to install a bodylift to fit the 33" tyres and also what size rims would they be please? Yours must be the common rail D22 , i can't fit thisw tuning device with my engine but there other options, thanks for replying my friend.

In usa and mexico we don't have those insane laws. Since I do lots of off road I installed a 3 in body lift. I believe I'm up 2 1/2 in susp. lift. 16 in wheels I would have to check off set. I did mods to inner wheel housing . very simple can take pictures if you like . Handles on or off hi way great I don't baby it

Latest posts

Back