D22 YD25DDTI Turbo leaking?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monstertruck

Reaction score
I have rebuilt the engine.
New top.
New pistons.
EGR deleted.
Intake and intercooler fully cleaned.

This is where I am at after letting the car idle for about 10 minutes, then revving the engine a few times.
I removed the piping closest and cleaned them again. Not a huge amount of oil.

Do I repair or buy a new turbo? Any decent upgrades available that I should consider?

IMG_20210417_174700.jpg
IMG_20210417_174648.jpg

Last edited:
first check if there is oil on the intake side of the turbo which would indicate blocked breather or to much blowby.

I'll check that as soon as I can. The engine has been apart and rebuilt, so there shouldn't be any blocked hoses since I've cleaned everything.

There is no visible smoke from the exhaust. It seem clean.
No odd sounds from the engine either.
No loss of power that I've noticed.
Oil consumtion I don't know about. Haven't driven it for long.
It starts easy.
I noticed the leak after revving the engine hard for a few seconds.

Too much blowby would not be impossible, tho. The cylinders were honed just a tiny bit by me to make them ok for the new pistons and piston rings. It didn't really seem like any material got removed from the cylinder walls, but it could've been a problem from before.

I've seen oil stains all over the engine built up from the previous owners. This is the first time I've seen the engine "clean" and I've been able to spot were leaks have come from earlier. Your answer was definitely helpful.

Latest posts

Back