D22 Yd25 Random stalling

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarzd22

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Girls

I was driving home from work today and went to turn a bend while changing in to 3rd gear and then all of a sudden it stalled, but not aggressively, i didn't even realizle it stalled until i tried to accelerate, it started back up without a hassle but as i went to put it back into third gear it felt like it was going into limp mode and then all of a sudden the turbo just kicked in at about 2000 revs. after this it didnt happen again. Any suggestions would be awesome and greatly appreciated. thanks 👍

D22 2.5 2010 166000km

Sounds like a faulty neutral position switch. If so it will keep happening intermittently and probably get worse. Surest way to test it is simply to disconnect it and see how it goes. If it fixes it, a lot of people simply leave them disconnected rather than bother replacing. It'll mean you have no "heat switch" function though.

Last edited:
^ Good point. My reference is the older zd30 model, of which mine had this problem in 3rd gear (occasionally 4th).

Don't know much (or anything) about the Yd25 though. They're common rail?

Alright awesome guys I'll have a look, i also noticed that it just started making this sound ( it's the high pitch metal tapping sound) does anyone know what this is? thanks in advance 👍

Latest posts

Back