D22 YD25 Liqui Moly Diesel Purge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see this is still getting used. My mechanic actually makes this a part of my surface services. Doesn't cost much to do

Rusty

Great stuff , been an advocate for L/M products for some time. The oil flush is amazing shite.
Also if you hang a container from the bonnet it will prime at lot easier, return line in at the top and the fuel feed at the bottom -problem solved :)

Is there something that you can just add to the tank until the 10000kms are up toll next service? Will be doing this once service is done though seams to be the go?

Nav012,

There is no point if you have a service coming up, I would wait until you do the service, and then do this. After all if you are going to do a oil change and filter fuel air filter and a ECU reset it would be worth doing it then rather than after the service.

At least everything then is fresh.!!!!

Just my thoughts.

I have done about 1500km since completing this. So far I have found the following:
Engine Noise: seems about the same. It sounded a little quieter when first completed, can't really notice a change now, but I could be use to the changed noise level too.
Sootiness: Seems about the same. Still looks like the same amount when there are cars following at night.
Fuel Consumption: seems about the same. Did quite a bit of highway running over the 1500km and any change wasn't that noticalbe.
Engine Revving: Still feels like it wants to rev a bit freer. It did seem a bit more responsive on the highway when overtaking.

Are the percieved changes worth the cost and time? I'm still not sure. Might give it another go and see what happens.

Be more effective on older cars with high kms
I agree, generally I don't think this will do anything noticeable on cars that already have a clean fuel system. Its very noticeable on cars with a dirty noisy fuel system like mine was. Although mine doesn't have high k's (87000) somehow the injectors got a bit dirty and noisy and this stuff seemed to clean them up pretty good and now drives a lot smoother and quieter.

Hey guys! Here in Chile South America the official dealer of Nissan do this as a regular service every 20000 kms but they fill the two (most all the D22 Japanese made come here with 2 filters and some of them add the Racor R25T water filter) with the LM Diesel Purge, I put a can on the tank every 10K. Cheers

I did the Liquimoly diesel purge a few months ago and noticed the same things
Quieter on start-up, less injector rattle and slightly improbed economy
Ill do it every 10-15k now i think
Liquimoly gear seems to be the go for additives nowadays
Put a can of tappet stop noise in a Hyundai getz the other day and it sorted it out immediately
Also i use a can of engine flush plus with every oil change

Bought some liqui molly last week and getting a inline filter this weekend. Is it worth driving a round the block carefully vs just idling away in the street ? Stop it over heating or is this not really a issue?

Bought some liqui molly last week and getting a inline filter this weekend. Is it worth driving a round the block carefully vs just idling away in the street ? Stop it over heating or is this not really a issue?
I just run mine under different loads. Air-con on and off, flick the fast idle switch and let it idle at around 1500rpm for a while. Give it a few good boot fulls, up to around 4000rpm and back to idle just to get the injectors fully open. The can usually runs for about 15 min, you could probably drive it around, but might be hard to stop it falling over that's all...

Is this picture right for the liqui molly?
Fuel filter going into where the larger hose would be, with arrow going towards the pump.
Smaller hose as the return ?

Attachments

• 20200601_123903.jpg
    20200601_123903.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Yeah the 3/8" (10mm) is the inlet to the high pressure pump, 1/4" (6mm) is the return. Personally I just put both the hoses into the can and use it that way. I don't bother tipping it into anything else, you can feel roughly where the liquid level is and you can just see it through the top anyway.

Whatever is left over I just tip into the fuel tank when finished. You will have a few small bits of carbon in the filter probably what what comes back out the return but the filter stops them going back into the motor.

Did the purge yesterday afternoon as we had some decent weather.
Noticed the engine revs up slightly better and feels more smooth when accelerating. Didn't help with the noises iv been having but that could be anything haha... I also lost track of time and didn't rev the engine up as much as I would have liked too.
4minutes with the heater switch and did 4 power runs upto 4k rpm the rest was just idling.
I would definitely do 2 cans next time if doing it for the first time as I did notice towards the end a bit of discolored purge returning back through the return line
then maybe once a year as maintenance.

Not wishing to start arguments as I know some people can take this pov unkindly, but I have strong doubts these treatments have any lasting effects beyond helping the economy tick over when you buy stuff, and making people feel better. As they probably don't do any harm either, it might be worth it in that sense, but there is no such easy fix for injectors if they're playing up IMO.

I could be wrong of course, but all claims from the people who sell this stuff are just that, wonderful sounding anecdotes. It would be very easy and quite cheap for them to back their product via some simple independent and repeatable scientific experiments. Yet I can't find any (and there is probably good reason for that).

Though I have only tried this stuff once out of curiosity (it made no difference to anything). I have heard it said that if the injectors are already in good nick this stuff helps them stay clean. Which to me is another way of saying it cleans like a mofo, as long as it isn't dirty to begin with lol.

I was just thinking about this today. I used to find it made quite a difference around 50 thou or so Kms ago but not so much now. At 350,000 on the clock now I suspect that my injectors need replacing. My economy has been dropping away now for some time and I reckon I might start looking for an instructional thread on here for the ZD30 injectors

Latest posts

Back