D22 striker plate spacers.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony d22

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My D22 went in to Nissan over the last 2 days to get the drivers door hinges replaced under my last warranty claim.
I picked it up this arvo and they told me that they also put spacers behind the door strikers on the B pillars.

Apparently there is a bulletin from Nissan saying they need to be changed.

So if your hearing noises from that area or your door has a lot of vertical movement, talk to Nissan.

I could lift the door up and down about 3mm and was making a noise.

It would still close OK but as I drove I could hear the latch knocking on the striker.
I simply lowered the latch but that is only a band aid job until the door dropped again.

The spacer they placed behind the strikers are about 2mm thick and they put them on both the front driver and passenger doors.

The spacers have now been binned, they were a temporary field fix. There are now plastic coated strikers available to combat rattle from the latch/striker over rough ground. To fit ALL D22 navaras.

Strange, my spacers were only fitted a few days ago, I thought that they would have fitted new strikers if that's the case.
So are the plastic coated ones the same as the rear door strikers?

They are identical to the original front ones but rubber/plastic coated to prevent rattle. Maybe your dealer had an excess of shims in stock!

Went to my dealer today. They have sent off for approval from Nissan Australia since my car is about a month out of warranty. They reckon Nissan should put it through under goodwill.

Just a note to others, my local guys didn't know about the bulletin until straight away, so if you get met with funny looks just tell them the bulletin came out at the end of June.

It should do away with that annoying rattle yes. The short term home solution which I found had been working quite well was just to put some Electrical tape around the exposed metal, but if I can get a permanent, legitimate fix for free then I'm definitely going to go for that!

I still had a slight rattle the other day but found that they installed the striker on a slight angle, not level, so a quick adjustment and all is quiet.

Went to Nissan today after noticing rear doors were coated, to see if the same ones could be
fitted to the front to combat rattling in the front doors..
Was told the fix could be done now after many complaints from customers.
Not under warranty, but as a resolution to each complaint raised.. Happy to hear the news,
mine will be replaced at my service next month (free of charge)

My claim got knocked back by Nissan aus because "it costs under $100, so goodwill doesn't apply"

Not particularly happy. Can buy and fit myself for $50 if I want

Is there anywhere that I can find a copy if the announcement or bulletin that Nissan put out in regards to this. My dealer is a dickhead and won't have a bar of it.

The bulletin is usually kept between the dealers and Nissan Australia, the general public don't have access to bulletins.
Sorry guys if I can't help there.
Contact Nissan Australia and tell them about the dealer, that should get things moving for you.

Went to my dealer mentioned it. they booked it in no hassles but only fitted one as apparently
they didnt notice that only one got sent. i was so close to saying something nice about a nissan
dealer. Owell better luck next time. ps it does seem to rattle less. Drivers side got changed.
Ben

Latest posts

Back