D22 Stock Side Steps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tecah

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have 2015 D22. When I bought it the stock side steps had been removed. I recently bought a pair of stock side steps, and have installed them on the car.

I can't work out why, but the steps are constantly making a creaking sound when I turn a corner of go over bumps. There is also a small (very irritating) squeak whenever accelerating even slightly.

I have the plates under the carpet. I have a bolt with spring washer, and washer on the plate. Then down into the side step which has the welded on nut.

Today I put some rubber between where the step bracket and the under side of the car. But it still creaks.

I only see posts about removing the side steps, but not putting them on. Is there something I am missing here?

Any pointers would be appreciated as I cannot figure it out.

Cheers

Unfortunately I destroyed my sidesteps in a rather unfortunate choice of path to take, so I can't go and look - I have rock sliders on mine now.

But from memory, the side steps are three separate types of pieces - there are 3 brackets, which should be welded to the sidestep, and there are foot plates in the top.

Have you checked that all of the components are stable? What happens if you use a mallet and give the sidesteps a gentle tap from underneath, or the inside?

Failing that, could the noise be coming from the rear leaf springs? Mine get a little noisy now and again, a spritz of silicone lube (after pressure washing the leaves) quiets mine down.

Latest posts

Back