D22 Navara LEFT / PASSENGER side blinker / indicator flashing super fast

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all
Hoping someone can help me with some technical info - MINT D22 with no mechanical issues ( touch wood ).
I have an alloy tray that has LED rear brake / indicator lights
Front bullbar with LED indicator lights

Just yesterday, for no apparent reason, the left / passenger side blinkers ( it's a RHD vehicle - ONLY the left side too, not the RH drivers side ) have started flashing super super fast - in a similar manner to when you have a mix of LED indicators & standard incandescent globes.

Underneath the rear of the tray, there are 2 proper "Narva" branded load resistors to compensate for the mix of LED rear lights and some old style incandescent globes and they've been working fine for 3 months however just yesterday I jumped in the car to go home and suddenly my left blinkers are running quicker than Usain Bolt at the Olympics !!!!

The standard headlight assembly blinker globe is working and flashing fine as is the front guard / fender mounted indicator however they're just going super quick now.
Someone mention a module or something ????

Hate stuff not working properly so pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease - any suggestion of how to fix - others have had the same issue however I haven't seen any posts about what has worked.
Can anyone point me in the correct direction.

Thanking you in advance 😉

Attachments

• IMG_4972.MOV
    24.8 MB
Assuming all the lights are still working, has one or both of the ballast resistors died?

The system is designed to recognise when there is a change from standard and blinks faster to let you know a globe has gone. Something has changed, hard part is working out what.

The system is designed to recognise when there is a change from standard and blinks faster to let you know a globe has gone. Something has changed, hard part is working out what.

😂😉 100% mate, that's the fun bit - trying to work out what has changed.

I'll pull out the front headlamp blinker bulb when I get 5 sec's but it is still flashing so I wouldn't think it's the bulb as such, it should either work or be blown and not work - not be working but three times quicker than normal...... I've not changed anything or modified anything..... and as the video shows, the guard mounted factory globe is still flashing as is the rear LED assembly.
It has got a trailer plug on the tow bar but that was working just fine a month or so ago when we towed our camper trailer.
This has literally just started happening earlier in the week for no apparent reason. ??? 🤷‍♂️

No other non led blinkers on the circuit?
Or the trailer plug? Can you remove this from the circuit to check?

The only non LED bulbs ( assuming they must be in same circuit ) would be the guard / fender mounted globe and the front bulb contained within the factory headlamp assembly. The only LED lamps in the circuit are the rear tail lights under the tray and in the bull bar. But the other side ( drivers side ) are working fine and flashing at normal speed as do the emergency / hazard lights when switched on.

It's literally on the passenger / LH side when you turn the left blinker on so it's got me a little stumped.

As far as removing the trailer plug from the circuit to check, I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for that bad boy 😁🤔

I wonder if the load resistor (that you already found) has a poor connection. It should be connected across the positive/negative lines of the indicator bulb circuit. If either of the connections of the load resistor have debris/corrosion, the load resistor won't do its job but will leave the indicators functional, resulting in faster flashing. The same is true if the load resistor itself has failed (eg cold solder joint internally).

Probably not the problem but if you lay under the tray and follow the wires from the trailer plug back, they plug in between two other plugs. The trailer loom can be removed and the rear lights plugged back together.
Aside from how many times I have said plug in one sentence, hopefully this makes some sense 😁

Latest posts

Back