D22 Navara indicators/hazards not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayla1992

Reaction score
Hi ,
I have a 2004 Nissan Navara d22 st-r at the moment I have a problem with my indicators and hazards. I previously got new tail lights and got my home mechanic guy to wire them up . About 2 weeks later my indicators and hazards stop working. My brake and lights are working fine. I checked both the fuses and everything seems to be good , the wiring looks good as well . Is there something else I should be checking? I checked a relay under the bonnet that I think is for the indicators and all is fine maybe there's something else?

Last edited:
Hi Kayla, welcome to the forum.

It might be pure coincidence that the rewiring of the tail lights occurred a couple of weeks before the failure, but generally you look at the recent work to see if there's a fault in it. You need someone to test the resistance across the poles of the indicator sockets in the tail lights, which will tell you if there's a short in the wiring (and if so, it needs to be found - probably in the connection that was established to install the lights).

However, if you have a towbar and its associated electrical connection, you might want to check it too, because there might be a loose wire in the plug that's causing the trouble.

info on this forum on the 05 zd 30 the flasher relay is located behind the air conditioner control panel. Its the black one. remove the radio surround with the a/c controls at the bottom. You should have just enough room to get in there to change it. Otherwise you will need to remove the centre console and gear shifter surrounds to get to it, but I'd give it a go with just removing the radio surround try checking the indicater flasher relay , seperate to light relay ,, check if power is getting to it,, if not could be hazzard switch bad connection (first try pushing hazard switch on an off repeatadly to see if it activates the flasher)

info on this forum on the 05 zd 30 the flasher relay is located behind the air conditioner control panel. Its the black one. remove the radio surround with the a/c controls at the bottom. You should have just enough room to get in there to change it. Otherwise you will need to remove the centre console and gear shifter surrounds to get to it, but I'd give it a go with just removing the radio surround try checking the indicater flasher relay , seperate to light relay ,, check if power is getting to it,, if not could be hazzard switch bad connection (first try pushing hazard switch on an off repeatadly to see if it activates the flasher)
Hi I just checked the relay and that was the problem. Cheers thanks

Interesting. My hazards haven't worked for a few years now and I guess it is the relay but I can't be arsed changing it, I mean how often do you use them?😁
Has never affected my indicators though...
I really should get onto this

When your hazard lights don't illuminate but the turn signals work, usually you are dealing with a faulty hazard-lights flasher. However, if the flasher unit is working fine, check the fuse. ... Finally, check for an electrical open or a short circuit in the wiring that connects to the external lights.23 July 2020

Latest posts

Back