D22 mods

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ady.G

Reaction score
Hi all
Just bought a 2013 d22 with 147k on it. What mods are recommended particularly engine mods?
Thanks
Ady

totally dependent on what you want to do with it?

i don't think you'll need to do too much really with the engine.

Well I put a famed Jamie Knobel remapped ecu on mine. Plus the recommended boost- t, set at about 20psi up from 16.
Made a significant difference re get up and go.
I tow quite a bit around the Adelaide hills and its been great.
Fuel economy- well dont expect more energy for free.
Longevity - well its supposedly up around 25kw - certainly well inside what these blocks get up to in D40's. More importantly I dont hammer it for fun, just use the power when its needed and will always choose a lower gear esp towing up hill.
And if in some parallel universe it meant less engine life I dont care.
Recommend new shocks if you are still running factory.
Bought my bus at 48k and they were thumping around even then.
Don't recommend Monroe 16's if you like a comfortable ride tho it has helped considerably running soft sidewall chinese cheapies which I have to say do everything better than the Toyo's I had on esp wet grip. Just dont take them off road.
Re catch can - it was cheaper to block the egr - well free actually- and it cut down 90% of the smoke out the back.
I change fluids and filters when they are supposed to be and use genuine or Mann oil filters ( same thing ) which get the oil light off quicker that any other I have tried and while this is a good thing in any vehicle is, I think especially so in the yd which relies on oil pressure to tension the infamous timing chains.
Great bus - like it so much more than my D40.
Look after it and do whatever you can to avoid water in your fuel unless you have a lazy $4k lying about for your new fuel pump.
These are precision machines with very tight tolerances and dont like being fucked with, as you wouldn't if you had to produce 25 odd thousand pounds of pressure.
Mine has free hubs which are brilliant- allowing me to use low range pushing a trailer up hill rather than slipping the bejesus out of the clutch.
Enjoy the last of the manual transfer cases - your next 4 x 4 will have a stupid knob on the dash which will do whatever the fuck it wants and this will be accompanied by dumb shit like traction control.
I'm 60 now and plan this to be my last vehicle - money will be spent on rebuilding rather than investing in vehicles that can be immobilised remotely.
Dont get me wrong- I'm no dinosaur- am invested in the internet world as much as anybody - I just like to actually drive my ute. Enjoy your ute !

Well I put a famed Jamie Knobel remapped ecu on mine. Plus the recommended boost- t, set at about 20psi up from 16.
Made a significant difference re get up and go.
I tow quite a bit around the Adelaide hills and its been great.
Fuel economy- well dont expect more energy for free.
Longevity - well its supposedly up around 25kw - certainly well inside what these blocks get up to in D40's. More importantly I dont hammer it for fun, just use the power when its needed and will always choose a lower gear esp towing up hill.
And if in some parallel universe it meant less engine life I dont care.
Recommend new shocks if you are still running factory.
Bought my bus at 48k and they were thumping around even then.
Don't recommend Monroe 16's if you like a comfortable ride tho it has helped considerably running soft sidewall chinese cheapies which I have to say do everything better than the Toyo's I had on esp wet grip. Just dont take them off road.
Re catch can - it was cheaper to block the egr - well free actually- and it cut down 90% of the smoke out the back.
I change fluids and filters when they are supposed to be and use genuine or Mann oil filters ( same thing ) which get the oil light off quicker that any other I have tried and while this is a good thing in any vehicle is, I think especially so in the yd which relies on oil pressure to tension the infamous timing chains.
Great bus - like it so much more than my D40.
Look after it and do whatever you can to avoid water in your fuel unless you have a lazy $4k lying about for your new fuel pump.
These are precision machines with very tight tolerances and dont like being fucked with, as you wouldn't if you had to produce 25 odd thousand pounds of pressure.
Mine has free hubs which are brilliant- allowing me to use low range pushing a trailer up hill rather than slipping the bejesus out of the clutch.
Enjoy the last of the manual transfer cases - your next 4 x 4 will have a stupid knob on the dash which will do whatever the fuck it wants and this will be accompanied by dumb shit like traction control.
I'm 60 now and plan this to be my last vehicle - money will be spent on rebuilding rather than investing in vehicles that can be immobilised remotely.
Dont get me wrong- I'm no dinosaur- am invested in the internet world as much as anybody - I just like to actually drive my ute. Enjoy your ute !
Thank you very much for the advice. I can confirm I've ordered an EGR blanking plate so will be going the same way as yourself. Obviously going to do the obvious, 2" lift, steel rims with slightly larger tyres, snorkel. A lot of stuff is fairly common but I was unsure of the engine related mods to be honest! I just want it to last and get the best out of it really. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back