D22 long tub conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgie

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Will the longer tub from the later thai models fit the older jap models?

Looking under my mates it appears they tacked on some extra chassis rail for the rear mount of the longer tub. So my initial thought was I would need to do similar.

My tubs cracked apart from having the tailgate down / bikes on corrugated roads, was going to weld it up and do some strengthening but a cheap 2010+ tub came up nearby.

Cheers, Tom

I can't answer your question, but if you're handy with the welder, why not get rid of the tub and custom build a steel tray. I know it wouldn't be as quick & easy a straight swap, but you could set it up however you want with racks, ramps, storage etc.

Yeah I've been looking into building a steel tray for a while, at the moment the tub is too handy for carting sand/soil etc.

Hey Guys,

Looking under my mates it appears they tacked on some extra chassis rail for the rear mount of the longer tub. So my initial thought was I would need to do similar.

My tubs cracked apart from having the tailgate down / bikes on corrugated roads, was going to weld it up and do some strengthening but a cheap 2010+ tub came up nearby.

Cheers, Tom

I'm sure I read recently that someone had done it. I think the only problem would be the rear bumper would need extended mounts.

I seen a late model tub on an early model D22. Not sure how he did it though.
I overtook him the other week and was wondering why he's ute looked a little odd.

I've chucked a later model tub on the back of my 2002 D22 Navara. Went straight on. It is about 100mm longer from memory.
The new bumper went straight on as it already had bolt holes in the right spot. Only issue was the old towbar sitting under the bumper so I pulled the tongue out an extra 100mm and redrilled the hole. So far so good.

Hey Guys,

Cheers, Tom

Hello Tom, It's only 90mm longer Nissan fitted irons in the chassis rail to strengthen it combined with their factory towbar, This may be the extra steel you notice. Plenty of the older models around Brisbane with the longer tub.

Hi There
is the newer tail gate the dead give away for the longer tub or did some short tubs come out with the newer tail gate mine is a 2009 i thinks thats the first year of the long tub as I'm on the lookout for a second hand canopy too would love any info in helping me purchase as far as dimensions etc

Last edited:
Hi Tony d22, I'm wondering if that was my Navara you saw, I've got the short tub on my 2009 with the 2009 tailgate. The hinges just fit on the short tub mounts, no need to redrill, the elongated screw hole on hinge just clear the bolt

Attachments

• 20220627_101216.jpg
    20220627_101216.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220627_101149.jpg
    20220627_101149.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back