D22 lift suspension kit 2”

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denisanto

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am about to purchase a suspension lift kit 2” from Dobinson for a D22 ZD30. Before purchasing that I would like to hear some opinions from you guys.

I use my Ute manly for go to work and I load a bit of tools in the back.
Go camping when I can in the weekend and I do off road as well. I really enjoy going around the mountains and I have found that if I had a lift suspension kit I will definitely be more confident on a off road track.

Also if I purchase the kit. What’s the best coil spring load and rear/leaf spring load?

Thanks everyone

they don't have coil springs.
for the usual 40mm lift most 2" kits have, you can just wind up the torsion bars. if you have front bar and winch you will need new torsions.
for rear springs, adding a leaf is the cheapest way. otherwise change the spring pack.

Hi all,

I am about to purchase a suspension lift kit 2” from Dobinson for a D22 ZD30. Before purchasing that I would like to hear some opinions from you guys.

I use my Ute manly for go to work and I load a bit of tools in the back.
Go camping when I can in the weekend and I do off road as well. I really enjoy going around the mountains and I have found that if I had a lift suspension kit I will definitely be more confident on a off road track.

Also if I purchase the kit. What’s the best coil spring load and rear/leaf spring load?

Thanks everyone
The Dobinson kit sounds good and no doubt would be quality, but there are other (cheaper) ways to go. I bought a set of EFS leafs and a reasonable set of shockies separately for about 1/2 the price of the kits. I think they were the "constant load" springs (can't remember how many kilos). It made a big difference to the ride (which is crap from stock) but like most utes, still seems to ride better with some weight in it.

With the front torsions it probably depends on the condition of them. If they're sagged already you might need to replace though mine were fine (with a steel bar and winch). What I did was load the ute up similar to the weight of an extended expedition and wound the front up so that it was slightly lower than the rear. You're limited in what you can do with the front anyway by the bump stops (I like to leave reasonable amount of travel).

Up to you of course but if your going to load it with camping gear and or tools the "constant load" springs might be the way to go. At least that was the whole point for me, to set it up for extended camping trips.

ps. Sorry I can't really compare the "comfort" vs "constant load" type springs further or how much difference it makes, as I have only had one type. No doubt someone will be along who has had experience with both.

But on second thoughts for the driving you're doing (which sounds like lots of daily driver black top with light/moderate loads and some mountain off roading) it might be better to set it up so that it's as comfortable in normal on road conditions with light/moderate load as you can get it. The only difference you'll notice with either set up off road in that type of terrain (and be thankful for) is the extra clearance.

The first trip I did after upgrading suspension was around 8k kilometres or so out in the centre with fully loaded vehicle, which is comparatively horrendous on suspension systems, so had this in mind and chose accordingly.

ps. Sorry I can't really compare the "comfort" vs "constant load" type springs further or how much difference it makes, as I have only had one type. No doubt someone will be along who has had experience with both.

But on second thoughts for the driving you're doing (which sounds like lots of daily driver black top with light/moderate loads and some mountain off roading) it might be better to set it up so that it's as comfortable in normal on road conditions with light/moderate load as you can get it. The only difference you'll notice with either set up off road in that type of terrain (and be thankful for) is the extra clearance.

The first trip I did after upgrading suspension was around 8k kilometres or so out in the centre with fully loaded vspehicle, which is comparativelyrrendous on suspension systems, so had this in mind and chose accordingly.
Another option is comfort springs for normal light loads plus air bags to comp
ensate for heavy loads.

In the end I’ve chosen for standard loading. At the moment I am not loading many tools on my Ute and I have always between 100 & 200 kg in the back, very rare to reach 200kg.
Speaking with Robinson they have actually said that you can add extra plate on the leaf so, you can still customise the weight on your back.

Thanks to everyone for your answer very helpful

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back