D22 Fuel usage seems high?!?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks rumpig. It looks like i have some investigating to do. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Dude, where are you? Is it flatish, hilly, windy etc? I'm currently in semi-arid SA - flat as a pancake & get 10l/100km on average (less in wind & sometimes as much as 800km from 75l). BUT, when I lived in Tassie I got more like 12l/100km cause of all those bastard hills and winding roads.

How do i disconnect it? is it just a plug in thing or wired in? I've had nothing to do with these things...

Firstly find out what make it is, ie, DP Chip, Tune it. Get the fitting manual for it and then just do the reverse of the installation.
That way you know what connector goes where.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi Guys.
I have purchased a 2003 ST-R 3Ltr Dual Cab.
Has a 3inch Lift, 265/75/16 Cooper S/T Maxx's, egr mod. Standard exhaust.
I run about 130k a day for work. 50% city driving and the last tank full I used 68L for 704k. 100k p/h maximum speed on hwy. This equates to approx 9.66LPH. Of coarse with the speedo out it would be a little different but I am happy with that. I'm not a lead foot (mostly). Just like to go steady.

That is below average on fuel, 480k.
I run a full steel tray, 2.5 turbo back, pre filter removed, EGR block/butterfly, xr6 front mount and i get 10.5, 60-70% town 30% freeway and 10L highway.
about 600- 650 when light hits.

Fuel is the biggest thing that scares me, i run injector cleaner every 2-3rd tank. Soon going to make up a filter/bottle that the bouser pump runs through before it hits the tank. Probably make the Filter out of... simply fuel filter.
Also run a large 20L clear tank.

Easy way to see what you are putting or what you could be putting in your car.
Might sound excessive but i don't trust the fuel we get.

It only diesel you can make it out of veg oil i dont know why everyone stresses about it so much you have a fuel filterin the car. buy it from a relativly new servo ie. new tanks underground not one thats been flooded and meh imo

I think mine is bad on fuel... I get about 500klms to 60litres of fuel.
I have a straight 2 1/2 turbo back exhaust,265/75r15 tyres, Top mount water/air cooler, body and sus lift, Diesel-power module and remaped ecu (was told that anyway?),EGR swirl mod, Castrol 2t oil added, etc etc.
Have disconected the module this tank to see if it improves so will see how it goes but yeah I think fuel economy sucks.

My zd30 is wired evey time different kl out of it i got a stenbaur chip in 32 bf goodrich 2and 3qouters pipe intercooler blocked the egr some time i manage 560 to 590 amd some time 520 i drive easy all year round very strange any one have this issue

Latest posts

Back