D22 engine swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satay

Reaction score
Hello all,

So I have inherited a 2000 D22 dual cab Navara that had cracked the bore in the number 3 cylinder. The use is schmick and everything is very tidy and we'll maintained so I figured I'll just replace the engine no sweat.....well , didn't anticipate the QD32 to be so hard to find...
My question is does anyone know the options for what will fit into it with the most ease?
Really appreciate any help guyd..

Strange it's hard to find a QD32, the wreckers normally have them. You could slip a TD27 in though a backward step it would get you on the road. A turbo TD27 from a Terrano would be another option.

being a d22 with the the previous look means nothing mechanical wise, you can easily enough place a zd30 in there. gearbox, diffs everything is the same, except diff gearing obviously which you can take care in time.

being a d22 with the the previous look means nothing mechanical wise, you can easily enough place a zd30 in there. gearbox, diffs everything is the same, except diff gearing obviously which you can take care in time.

i think diffs are different, they are the better ones. zd30 got the smaller diffs. not sure on gearbox.

i think diffs are different, they are the better ones. zd30 got the smaller diffs. not sure on gearbox.

we didnt get the qd32 on the first generation of d22, but the td25 (and then td25 turbo) engine which has exactly the same gearbox and diffs as the facelift d22.and its a very common swap, when a td25 dies we put a yd25 in because its a direct match.
if you have the FS5R30A gearbox and C200 rear diff use the later engine.

we didnt get the qd32 on the first generation of d22, but the td25 (and then td25 turbo) engine which has exactly the same gearbox and diffs as the facelift d22.and its a very common swap, when a td25 dies we put a yd25 in because its a direct match.
if you have the FS5R30A gearbox and C200 rear diff use the later engine.

yeah its a bit different here. we got the TD27 and QD32 with h233 diff before going to zd30 and c200 diff.

checked the manual, and the qd32 has the same gearbox (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th are excectly the same, slightly different 5th it doesnt matter) and h233 diff but the gear ratio is the same as the c200 with the yd25, 4.625 and slightly different to the zd30 which runs 4.375 diff gearing.
so you can use anything you want pretty much!

Latest posts

Back