D22 ECU

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zd30 will fit zd30 and yd25 will fit yd25, but you can't put one into the other. The zd30 is di while the yd25 is common rail so they're not interchangeable.

There are 2 for the ZD30 , most are marked A9 on the cover some are DFP i think. DFP ones fault in a car with the A9.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.JPG
    IMG_1573.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll have to take it out to see if its A9.
but here's a question before I do it. I believe the ECU regulates the idle revs, is that true ?

The ECU is exactly that , Engine Control Unit also called ECM Engine Control Module and in some cases a PCM Powertrain Control Module which incorporates engine and transmission control.
The ECU controls the engine operation with the input of around a dozen different sensors so I guess the question would be, what idle issues are you having, too high, too low or wont idle at all ?

The motor is idling a touch lower than 750 and it's making the exhaust knock against the body believe it or not and it's giving me the sh*ts haha

The motor is idling a touch lower than 750 and it's making the exhaust knock against the body believe it or not and it's giving me the sh*ts haha
what size exhaust?
there was issues with 3" exhausts that would hit because its a real tight fit and it has to be fitted just right.
if its a stock exhaust then i suspect its another issue. it should not hit no matter how bad the engine vibration is.

According the mechanic it's 3" inch and it's knocking at a flexible joint that has fine wire mesh wrapped around it and you can see the rubbing on the mesh.
Had a look in the "You Beaut" workshop manual and there are some sensors that send messages to the ECU for idle control so, I think before I started removing the ECU, I might suss out where the sensors are and replace on a trial an error job.
Thanks for the help anyway fella's

sounds like the flex joint is in the wrong place. they are a bit bigger than the pipe so it needs to be placed somewhere where there is more room.
3" is a little bit big and you have to get it just right to fit it without knocking.
otherwise post up a pics of the exhaust system.

Mine was rattling but after running a fuel/injector cleaner through it, no more rattle and much smoother but took two tanks to work.
Also with the 3" pipe it runs a little close to the first strut after the body on the dual cab, on another vehicle here I did make a small bracket to move the rear mount 50mm towards the centre which stopped any chance of it hitting but then took it out and bent the flare on the first strut up because I needed all the width in the spare wheel area for an extra fuel tank, both mods work ok.

Last edited:
Here's the pics of the knocker and you can see the wear on the wire mesh. if you click on the smaller image you will see the wear a bit better
IMG_0578.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    452.6 KB · Views: 15
Working under mine tomorrow but pretty sure the flex fitting is not there on the one I am working on so will look at the other, silly place to put it hey.
I did glance at it earlier as I remembered this thread, but mine is in the open away from the rear mount strut anyway.

Check out this thread. It certainly can be done, not straight forward. Rumpigs thread is great if you want to have a crack yourself. I bought a remapped ECU from East Coast Performance and it is great and easy to switch out. I don't know if they are still at it.
https://www.navaraforum.com/threads/remap-vs-chip.35449/post-384831

Latest posts

Back