D22 Custom rear bar Build-up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not messy.......just confined :rofl2: only a 6 x 4 shed, but looking at building a bigger one soon.
Hopefully be ready for paint in a couple of weekends.

6 x 4 isn't too bad. I've just recently moved into a new house, first one ever with a shed out the back. It's 6 x 6. I love it! It's currently a spray booth, doing a bookcase regeneration project for the missus.

I reckon il have the Nav in here soon giving it a new colour. Currently pondering new colour combinations. Might go to the drag races on Saturday and get some ideas.

The bar is looking real sweet joshman. Looking forward to seeing the finished product mounted on clarky! - I'm going to take some of these pics to my fab-man tomorrow for some ideas - hope you don't mind mate.

Cheers

Got the jerry can/multipurpose carrier mostly sorted..........was a hell of a fight this one.............this one is attempt #4 :pissedoff:

P1000712_zps868ddf06.jpg

P1000714_zpse8532ba1.jpg

P1000715_zps587c342a.jpg

Fark you will have to change your trucks name from clarky to inspector gadget or one of them transformers. And you will need a permit to drive it on the road , It's going to weigh about 5 tonne :) Gunna look good but !!

What welder are you using? I'm over my arc welder and want to get a mig. Just wondering if you've got a gas or gas less? How many watt? Cheers

i just got a unimig 180 amp mig (i only use gas but can do gasless), pretty happy with it.
got a cheap inverter arc welder as well and that does a great job too.

It's a CIG Transmig Brumby 180 (don't think they make these anymore, had this one for nearly 20 yrs), with gas.

IMG_0093.jpg

That's a lot of gas! Looks like the one I use at work when I need to do bigger jobs. I've never looked at how powerful it is though, but it gets some good penetration on 10mm plate.

Looks like il be getting gas too, never heard of people using the gas less option. Just another thing to add to the wish list. Maybe guilt trip the Missus into buying it, she still owes me a Christmas present.

I got a little bocgas welder running boc gasless wire works really well up to 5 mm. My old as dust arc welder can blow holes in 20mm plate (she is a beast)

I think I would want something that could do about 8 - 10 mm. I wouldn't need anymore, I'm not adding armour to the Nav. Haha. Or should I??

Oh nice. I was a bit worried that the bigger units might need 3 phase power or like a 15amp plug.

Latest posts

Back