D22 buying

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simi

Reaction score
Hello,
First of all I m sorry if I post in the wrong thread.
I m looking to buy my first 4x4 for my parents,the car will be used carryin woods in the forest..i ve dicided to choose from d22 and d40(king cab),i need your advices what should i buy tell me like i am a child. I dont want to waste any money on repairing,more like a reliable car,engine.
Thank you all .

i would look for a one of the early D22's. not sure if you guys use diesels or petrol's. but the diesels are basic and fairly bullet proof.
cheap, decent offroad, easy to fix, and far more reliable than later models.
downside is they are slow.

Hello,
First of all I m sorry if I post in the wrong thread.
I m looking to buy my first 4x4 for my parents,the car will be used carryin woods in the forest..i ve dicided to choose from d22 and d40(king cab),i need your advices what should i buy tell me like i am a child. I dont want to waste any money on repairing,more like a reliable car,engine.
Thank you all .
D22's are old & were cheap to buy new, so a fair number of them haven't been looked after like they should have been. They are cheap enough that young drivers who tend to abuse cars buy them, because they can afford them.

I don't know Romania, do you salt the roads in winter? If so, that will compound the problem of them being old, as they will very likely be rusty.

I've had 2 of them over 12 years, but I bought them new. So I know how they've been treated.

Buying a used car is always a gamble!

The early ones blew up motors .
You have to use engine flush on these motors as journals block up .
I have a 2006 d22 3litre and it’s powerfull
and economical 28 mpg.
I have had 5 hiluxs and this Nissan is the best car I have owned .

Now i m in between a 2005 d22 2.5 and a d40 2008,the price its about 7800 €,can i put link here to the adds ? Just to make an ideea
And another question...can they carry 1000-1500 kg ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220820-173830_OLXro.jpg
    Screenshot_20220820-173830_OLXro.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220820-173433_OLXro.jpg
    Screenshot_20220820-173433_OLXro.jpg
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Now i m in between a 2005 d22 2.5 and a d40 2008,the price its about 7800 €,can i put link here to the adds ? Just to make an ideea
The D22 dual cabs were rated as one tonne in Australia, we didn't get the king cabs. If they still have the original springs it will probably bottom out with couple of dogs and a bale of hay in the back.
If they have been upgraded you should be golden

the D22 2.5 has issues with conrod bolts and bearings. very well known to fail (even a law suit over it) the older 2.7 and 3.2 is better especially the terrano turbo versions.
none of them carry more than 1000kg. in fact no ute (of this class) carries over 1000kg. thats what trailers are for. with any ute carrying that load its going to need upgraded springs. very few manufactures ever put decent load springs in utes.
also if your going to carry a lot of weight, get a single cab. double cabs are hopeless. king cabs are better but you need to make sure load placement is correct. single cabs the best for carrying loads.

Latest posts

Back