D22 Bench seat. Is there an alternative?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgc020

Reaction score
I am driving a D22 Single cab 2x4 with a bench seat and it is killing my back, I am driving 500ks per day. Is there any other options as far as bucket seats go for these?

For that many Ks per day I'd look into a different seat and modify the rails to suit, as the d22 dual cab seats aren't that comfortable.

Depending on what state you're in, you'll need to get it certified.

I have the buckets in my cab chassis ,bought them out of a 2013 dual cab
$350 delivered ,there not the most comfortable but there better than a bench seat.
DSC00893.jpg

I did the same I got some out of a duel cab str 150 of eBay bolted straight in didn't have an issue with rego or any think an 100x comfortable amber did u buy that centre console or did it come with it ??

I did the same I got some out of a duel cab str 150 of eBay bolted straight in didn't have an issue with rego or any think an 100x comfortable amber did u buy that centre console or did it come with it ??

No I bought it separately off Ebay $100 delivered I blanked off the hand brake slot with a piece of D22 trim , if you do buy one make sure you get the mounting brackets .

I have a 2000 single cab 2wd that one of my workers drives and it has original buckets. I found it uncomfortable to drive as it has less leg and head room than my 2008 2wd with bench seat. Do the later buckets give more leg and head room? This may lead to another project.
Regards
2wheeler

I have a 2000 single cab 2wd that one of my workers drives and it has original buckets. I found it uncomfortable to drive as it has less leg and head room than my 2008 2wd with bench seat. Do the later buckets give more leg and head room? This may lead to another project.
Regards
2wheeler
yes there is a little less leg room, i'm 1.8 and had to get used to being a little more forward , unless you want to have the back straight up .

hello, I brought a very very clean set of seats for mine to replace the bench but now it leaves me with less head and leg room ! So I am going to have the bench recovered and padding added to the back part on the drivers side .. the bench seat sits me at least 40 to 50 mm higher and as i'm 6'2'' I need the space !

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO BUY THESE VERY CLEAN BUCKETS PLEASE DROP ME A LINE ! I PAID $200 EACH- OPEN TO OFFERS, CHEERS VIC

I put 3" of compact foam rubber on my bench seat, under the black duck seat cover. The seat is much more comfortable now and only cost about 80 bucks.

My bench seat was doing my back no favours, i was out of action early this year with a bulged disc, and just going off how long it took me to straighten up after getting out for even short drives, i'd say it was definitely a contributing factor to the injury or at least stopping it from healing.
I now just run a lumbar cusion off ebay.

Last edited:
hey, quick question is there any solution to give the people in the back seat any more room. I have a 2000 Nissan Navara d22 dual cab.

hey, quick question is there any solution to give the people in the back seat any more room. I have a 2000 Nissan Navara d22 dual cab.

They're squishy in the back alright, one of the drawbacks of the D22. No way that I know of to fix that.

So, I find a wrecker with cheap buckets, tear out the bench ready to put in the buckets!
I'm guessing the buckets will have two rails each. Are there existing holes on the floor pan that will suit the new seat or at least indications where to start drilling?

Have a spare set of bucket seats here, actually have less trouble on long distance in the d22 than son's hilux mind you I think my seats might have been re covered as they are black leather instead of the usual style sp maybe different padding but still have trouble with steering wheel clearance and legs.

Latest posts

Back