D22 Ball Joint Spacers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAT713

Reaction score
Another clever part I ordered were a set of these spacers.

They are just a simple 1/2 inch spacer that you install in between your aftermarket upper control arm & ball joint.

You could use these to gain the extra 1/2 inch of lift, however I'm going to leave my ride height the same and use these to create extra clearance between my upper control arm and the bump stop. This will provide a heap of extra down travel - more flex will be handy on the tracks - more flex will also make the ride comfort on the road increase too.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/frontier-ball-joint-spacers-p-768.html

Another clever part I ordered were a set of these spacers.

They are just a simple 1/2 inch spacer that you install in between your aftermarket upper control arm & ball joint.

You could use these to gain the extra 1/2 inch of lift, however I'm going to leave my ride height the same and use these to create extra clearance between my upper control arm and the bump stop. This will provide a heap of extra down travel - more flex will be handy on the tracks - more flex will also make the ride comfort on the road increase too.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/frontier-ball-joint-spacers-p-768.html

Looks like a great idea. Especially using it to get better travel, not for the potential height gain. Too bad they don't do them for UCAs

note the site says with aftermarket A arms only.

also i have my doubts that any top arm mod will change travel at all because the torsion bar is on the bottom arm not the top.
all the spacer will do is help correct suspension angle.

Tweake, I have seen some pretty well informed posts from you so I know ur a smart guy... But whaaaat? Of course it will increase travel!

nah sorry it won't do jack.
the torsion is on the wrong arm for it do anything.
its a common thing on hilux/surf because the torsion is on the top arm. thats not the case with the d22.

with a d22 all it does is push the top arm up a bit higher, which does nothing much. it will help correct aliment a little and help the arm clear the shocks but as the arm is not connected to any spring its not going to make the ute sit higher or give extra travel. edit: i should add it will give extra clearance to the bump stop. cutting the bump stop might be cheaper ;)

now if you could do something with the bottom arm........

Last edited:
I am organising a group buy for 10 sets of the diff drop down kit and 10 sets of the ball joint spacer kit.

The price of the items wont budge, however I'm hoping to bring them in one hit and save on shipping. More details coming soon

Will the UCA's they sell on that site fit our d22's (possibly a stupid question but seriously for $430 why not)?

Alright so for curiosities sake I emailed these guys and they said shipping would be about $80 for the UCA's. Which seems very reasonable.

Out of curiosity, I asked with torsion bars too and they said another $110.

Anyone have any opinions on these vs calmini?

Can u put a link up of the uca's for the d22 there's so many diffrent ones ! Would b keen on buying a pair

They said they would be fine on our D22's

Would definitely love someone with a little more technical knowledge to come along and post an opinion of these vs calmini

Latest posts

Back