D22 Ash tray replacer (3D printed)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoddQLD

Reaction score
I own a 2005 D22 Navara with the 3 litre, 5 speed, dual cab 4WD setup. After I purchased it years ago I removed the ashtray and mechanism entirely from the car. That left the two open holes in the facia. I have designed a 3D printed part that can fit into these holes and allow you to use a couple of pushbuttons (or lights, or whatever mounts using 20mm holes. Just in case anyone else is interested, here is the link:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4588307
20200905_103452.jpg

There is a small slot in the facia at the top of the ashtray opening (same for each ashtray drawer) and I used the slot to pass a single small screw that goes into the new part to secure it. I also added a leg at the bottom of the new part as a support. The end of this leg rests against the facia to support the new part. The surrounding edges of the part fit quite snugly against the facia, so for my needs the part is well supported. Others may choose to run a bead of slilcon/polyurethane/hot glue around the rim of the part (back side of the facia) to make the part very strongly fitted or permanent.
The entertainment unit is a Dasaita Android based unit with 10" lcd screen.... So, basically a tablet made as a car computer/entertainment unit. Pretty well anything that can be run on an android tablet can be run on this. It has a suite of apps preinstalled (including am/fm radio). I recently fitted a wireless remote steering wheel button gizmo so that I can control volume, tracks, phone from the steering wheel. The whole setup works really well.

Latest posts

Back