D22 3.0l ZD30 Dyno results.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny-DO

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

New owner of a 2006 D22 with a ZD30 in it and 230k done. It has all the critical mods like EGR block, Swirl Valve and Catch Can but nothing else that I can find.
I wanted to see if the engine is in a relative healthy state keeping in mind the fact that it is 230k and 2006 so I took it to a dyno test.

HP (67KW) and Torque (266NM :D:D ) are quite low but I am not surprised. What I am a bit surprised is the Boost PSI that is generated:

BoostCut.jpg

I tried reading online about what the PSI ceiling for the ZD30 should be and I found some saying 18-20 and some saying 15-16.
I am looking for advice on some basic checks and maintenance to see if there are any restrictions for lack of maintenance. Also, can anyone recommend any solutions to increase it a bit (maybe 16-17) and control it?

don't bother with increasing boost at the mo.
the big thing it needs is an intercooler. after that you can look at increasing fuel.

Hmmm.... having a look around the engine yesterday I found that the vacuum hose was completely broken and none of the valves were working properly.
That also solved the shaking at engine stop...

Given that the "swirl valve" mod was done, would that affect the boost? It was definitely broken at the time of testing.

swirl valve only operates at low rpm when boost is fairly low anyway, so it makes no difference to max boost levels.
i found disabling it made boost rise a little quicker.

Latest posts

Back