Quantcast

D22 - 200km what should I worry about

The Navara Forum

Help Support The Navara Forum:

bozdog

Reaction score
Hey guys

I've got a 2012 D22, love the car and never had an issue, but I've clocked up about 215km on her and I'm starting to worry that there might be some issues pop up in the future.

I always service her every 5-10k km, but wondering if there's anything I should be preparing for in terms of future maintenance? I've literally had no issues except changing the O2 sensor (which needs doing again), but starting to wonder if I should let her go before something happens?

Cheers

ben85

Reaction score
Probably nothing, possibly anything.

Brakes, wheel bearings, cylinder head, injector pump, turbo...

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

harkobloke

Reaction score
i just hit 250k and it started whistling at me from 2,500 to about 3,000 rpm. looking at it further, i can see some soot near the rear of the exhaust manifold. Gaskets would be one thing i would say to just keep an eye on, as my exhaust manifold gasket is either leaking or bolts have broken... once i rip into it i will let ya know the outcome.

bozdog

Reaction score
i just hit 250k and it started whistling at me from 2,500 to about 3,000 rpm. looking at it further, i can see some soot near the rear of the exhaust manifold. Gaskets would be one thing i would say to just keep an eye on, as my exhaust manifold gasket is either leaking or bolts have broken... once i rip into it i will let ya know the outcome.
Thanks lads. Had any issues with your timing chain hark? That's probably the thing that's worrying me most. Not worried about minor stuff like brakes, belts etc

ben85

Reaction score
No chain issues here but mines a zd30 not yd25.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

tony d22

Reaction score
266k and nothing done other than servicing every 10k, not even an engine light. Been a great ute but will be listing for sale today. (sad face)

someguy360

Reaction score
ZD30 I'd be reasonably confident that it will go a long way further.

General maintenance things will still need to be done like wheel bearings every 45,000km etc.

YD25 I believe had chain issues etc but I could be wrong.

Rumpig

Reaction score
From memory i think the timing chain was an issuse on spanish built ones , not thai / jap built ones , you'll find the answer here somewhere. 180 000 km on my 2004 and i'm still on the original brake pads and wheel bearings ( don't do beach / water crossings thou).
Same for any car , regular oil and filter changes and they run for yonks.

Latest posts