D22 2" factory lift?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xenith

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on my d22 factory shocks.
I heard the d22 04 3l comes with s factory 2inch lift.
Is that true?
Also wondering if anyone has put body risers on their d22, worth it?
Cheers

never heard of a factory lift.
tho not uncommon to have lifts done by dealers to entice sales.

the problems with D22's is the rear springs sucks and they sag like crazy.
so most people will fit an extra leaf or replace the spring pack which also gives it a 2" lift.
stock shocks are ok for 2" lift, tho 10+ year old ute will have worn out shocks anyway.

body lifts are a whole different ball game and frankly its best not to do body lifts unless you really have to.
here body lifts are a certification item for a very good reason.

Body lift is a massive pain in the arse and gives zero benefits. The main drawback (especially if you have a tub) is extending the fuel filler. Don’t do it.

The only benefit that I could envisage of a body lift is that it gives more room to fit a top mount intercooler with a fan (on a ZD30). The body is not really a hang up point but allows bigger tyres I guess?

never heard of a factory lift.
tho not uncommon to have lifts done by dealers to entice sales.

the problems with D22's is the rear springs sucks and they sag like crazy.
so most people will fit an extra leaf or replace the spring pack which also gives it a 2" lift.
stock shocks are ok for 2" lift, tho 10+ year old ute will have worn out shocks anyway.

body lifts are a whole different ball game and frankly its best not to do body lifts unless you really have to.
here body lifts are a certification item for a very good reason.

Mean, cheers tweake, good advice.
Yea it is here to, nz.

How important are the upper control arms?
Tough dog are the only ones offering them with the kit, and they're nearly a grand otherwise.

How important are the upper control arms?
Tough dog are the only ones offering them with the kit, and they're nearly a grand otherwise.

You shouldn't need uca's if you're staying at 2" or less. Going too high will also put the cv's at quite an angle and make them less reliable, unless you drop the front diff (which is starting to defeat the purpose anyway?). Most of the blingy, really high dual cabs with 33" muddies I see are more for looks and basically "soccer mum" cars anyway, don't really see them off road much.

I have 40mm lifted rear springs with the front wound up slightly so that when it's fully loaded the front is still slightly lower. This only puts it roughly in the centre between upper/lower bump stops.

The lift kits are expensive and usually have stuff that isn't necessary (such as replacement torsion bars). A set of raised rear springs and reasonable shockies are all you really need IMO.

You shouldn't need uca's if you're staying at 2" or less. Going too high will also put the cv's at quite an angle and make them less reliable, unless you drop the front diff (which is starting to defeat the purpose anyway?). Most of the blingy, really high dual cabs with 33" muddies I see are more for looks and basically "soccer mum" cars anyway, don't really see them off road much.

I have 40mm lifted rear springs with the front wound up slightly so that when it's fully loaded the front is still slightly lower. This only puts it roughly in the centre between upper/lower bump stops.

The lift kits are expensive and usually have stuff that isn't necessary (such as replacement torsion bars). A set of raised rear springs and reasonable shockies are all you really need IMO.

Sweet, cheers.
Don't need new torsion bars?
She's an 04, just good to replace or Na?

Sweet, cheers.
Don't need new torsion bars?
She's an 04, just good to replace or Na?
Up to you, but unnecessary IMO. Spend the extra on good shocks, will make much more difference to the ride (along with decent leafs in the back).

Up to you, but unnecessary IMO. Spend the extra on good shocks, will make much more difference to the ride (along with decent leafs in the back).

I was looking at tough dogs, foam shocks and 300kg constant leaves?
Or do you know any other good ones?

Don't know anything about tough dog shocks. As a tight arse (lol) the ones I have aren't a well advertised brand, they're a Japanese based company that supplies much of the new car market with oem shockies. They also sell an after market heavy duty off road model, they seem good quality, do the job quite well and are very cheap (comparatively). At least have been all around the centre of Aus on some horrendous tracks with no problems. No doubt people will be along with recommendations. Also no doubt there are better shockies available, if you're willing to leave an arm and leg as down payment lol.

300 kg should be ok, it just depends what you are going to carry. I think mine are rated at 0-300kg (EFS) and they are fine for a ute loaded up with enough gear for two people on extended trip including water, extra fuel and so on. Though apart from necessities, I travel as light as possible. Rides far better with weight in it, but still quite acceptable when empty.

Again others will be along with their own experience and ideas.

Last edited:
I replaced my OEM suspension (04 Navara) with a full suspension kit I bought from a Mechanic who advertised on Ebay....was a Fulcrum suspensions kit, UNDER $1000 delivered and I fitted it all myself, kit included HD rear springs, torsion bars, greasable shackles, U bolts and HD gas shocks with boots, took all of a couple of hrs to fit, biggest thing is to check on how high you wind up the torsion bars.........You CAN'T go too high as you'll compromise your wheel alignment adjustments, only way around this would be to buy new upper control arms (longer) to allow more negative cambers, BUT, as stated earlier, will also put more of an angle on the CV's depending on how high you wind them up! ;)

Latest posts

Back