D22 2.5L Turbo and Exhaust/ Mod Advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huckberry22

Reaction score
Hey D22 Brothers, sisters and everyone in between,
My names Will and I am new here, only got my sexy girl (pardon my excitement here) about 4 weeks ago and have been detailing her top to toe and tidying up the electronics and engine. I have a 2011 D22 2.5L, she has some mods done to her now (including 2'lift, snorkel, evc throttle controller, ERG block, catch can, dual battery with battery isolator, however, there are a few things left I want to do;

- replace turbo - Unsure where to go for a factory (Garrets or IHI) or a newer aftermarket with ceramic spools etc (I.e CCT)
- Replace the exhaust with a straight, no muffler and CAT - tossing up between a cheaper PPD 3" unit ($700) or a redback 3" (1300) - i feel like the answer to this one may be obvious but figure ill ask the question anyway.
- And lastly, I also wanna add a performance chip but not sure which one to pick.
Any information or recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone!! Pic below.

Attachments

• IMG_9010.JPG
    IMG_9010.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

I know that the EVC unit was originally branded as 'iDrive' - its sole purpose is to tell the ECU that you're pressing the accelerator harder than you actually are (no, that's not a joke). It does make you feel like your car is providing more performance so a lot of owners are happy with it.

It might conflict with the performance chip - a good chip will come with a substantial connection to the engine electronics (some just connect to the fuel rail pressure sensor and modify that signal to fool the ECU/pump into increasing the actual rail pressure). The better ones come with an EGT probe and monitor the EGTs - the single best indicator you have of impending problems - and will take themselves out of the loop if EGTs exceed a certain limit (basically just letting the ECU do its thing) until the EGTs drop again.

There are other options for increased power but remember that some of these can come at a cost - not just in initial setup, but by shortening the lifespan of your engine. Here's hoping that doesn't happen!

Hey mate. I'd suggest getting a jamie knobel remap if you haven't done already. I think the cct is meant to be pretty good. With your exhaust just make sure it clears all the mounts. Mine doesn't and vibrates the cab like mad occasionally.

Hey D22 Brothers, sisters and everyone in between,
My names Will and I am new here, only got my sexy girl (pardon my excitement here) about 4 weeks ago and have been detailing her top to toe and tidying up the electronics and engine. I have a 2011 D22 2.5L, she has some mods done to her now (including 2'lift, snorkel, evc throttle controller, ERG block, catch can, dual battery with battery isolator, however, there are a few things left I want to do;

- replace turbo - Unsure where to go for a factory (Garrets or IHI) or a newer aftermarket with ceramic spools etc (I.e CCT)
- Replace the exhaust with a straight, no muffler and CAT - tossing up between a cheaper PPD 3" unit ($700) or a redback 3" (1300) - i feel like the answer to this one may be obvious but figure ill ask the question anyway.
- And lastly, I also wanna add a performance chip but not sure which one to pick.
Any information or recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone!! Pic below.
Nice rig mate, wondering if you got round to the exhaust as I’m also looking at the PPD one? And did you notice any difference to the low end torque? Also you mentioned you’ve blocked Egr, did you see any benefits with that and turbo lag? Cheers!

Latest posts

Back