D21 Diffs and Ratios

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mal B

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I jacked up both rear wheels on the, new/old '87 D21, to check if the noisy diff was open or lsd, spun one wheel and watched the other do absolutely nothing, so, very open diff. (Edit) Now aware if one wheel don't move, it's an LSD.
This morning, back out and jacked one wheel, marked tyre and tail shaft, and gave the wheel two full turns and came up with around 4.8 turns of the shaft.
So, can I assume I have a 4.88:1 diff ratio?
Going to try for an lsd from the wreckers, and don't want to give them any excuses for sending the wrong one.

At least this time, while I was underneath, I didn't find any other problems, except for handbrake cable rubbing on muffler:)

How do I add vehicle details to bottom of post?

Last edited:
I know little about the D21 (although a quick Google shows a diff ratio of around 4.88:1 so you might be right), however I can point you in the direction of where you might add some vehicle details - your signature, which can be found by clicking here. You could also add your car to the garage.

I know little about the D21 (although a quick Google shows a diff ratio of around 4.88:1 so you might be right), however I can point you in the direction of where you might add some vehicle details - your signature, which can be found by clicking here. You could also add your car to the garage.
Thanks OT, signature was easier than I expected.

Latest posts

Back