Custom intake and air box

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey,
I know from reading that it's best to have 2.5 inch tube for the maf sensor to sit in. I have found pre fab 2.75 tubes with flared 3inch ends and mounting holes.
Would that .25 make a noticable difference? Or best to get a 2.5 inch tube with adapters/ flared ends to go to 3inch ?
Getting bored after work and looking for a small project.
Cheers

i would have to check but bigger maf tube will mean it reads less air flow and will inject less fuel.
i could be wrong but i think they change the maf sensor when they fit bigger tubing.
unless you have the boost wound right up, factory size if probably ok. i would focus on getting the air box the most efficient size and shape. most of the time the filter is an ok size but the air box is what causes most of the restriction.

edit: the big thing with round air filters is how far away the outside wall is from the air filter.
buys have fitted SMALLER filters in (which increases that distance) and increased airflow. its all about how the air flow turns into the filter.

Last edited:
So is it kind along the lines that the engine will be gettin more air then what the maf sensor is reading and therefore the afr wont be correct?

So is it kind along the lines that the engine will be gettin more air then what the maf sensor is reading and therefore the afr wont be correct?
if it was a petrol engine yes.
with diesels you don't have to worry about afr so much. because more air is bypassing the sensor it will be injecting less fuel than what boost/air flow you have so you get less power.

Latest posts

Back