Cruise control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iliedobos

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I own Navara D40 2006 manual gearbox I want to add cruise control
I bought cruise control switch on brake pedal I installed it and steering controls were also installed
But no response
Did I miss something else
Does it need activation from ECU or other control unit

Thanks for everyone's help.

There are numerous things required to get the CC - or, in Nissan's terminology, "Automatic Speed Control Device (ASCD)". Apart from what you've done, you also need:

* ASCD function in ECU (not sure if this is included in non-ASCD models)

* Clock spring in steering wheel with connections for steering control and active connections to car in harness - the harness itself needs to exist too

* Manual cars may have a switch on the clutch pedal as well (mine's an auto, so I can't look and see)

I understand. Yes, I still need a switch on the clutch pedal but I can only find the original one. I also found a diagram of what should be done and what the sensor looks like, I attach it here.

Attachments

• DIY Cruise Control Eng.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
Looks like all the instructions are there, I'm not a fan of attacking the ECU harness but there's no other option really, unless you can trace the wire (if it exists!) into the cabin. This is the easier way to do it.

I'm even less of a fan of the attack on the steering column. It would be my preference to grab a steering wheel off a wreck that has the ASCD controls. You should be able to wire those in, and if you have the entire steering wheel you should have all the upper wiring. I don't think the diagram of the factory switches (page 8) is correct, I thought ON/OFF was on the bottom and CANCEL was in the middle - I know that's how my car is set up, maybe someone installed my switches incorrectly!

I took the steering wheel with factory orders, I also found the clutch switch, I also took the steering column from the same car with the steering wheel, now I'm waiting for the sensor to arrive.
I hope it works after I put the sensor, because I have all the plugs pulled from the factory.
If I don't check if I have the ECU cables pulled behind the wheel.

Quote:
I thought ON/OFF was on the bottom and CANCEL was in the middle - I know that's how my car is set up, maybe someone installed my switches incorrectly!
Hi Tony,

My 2012 RX Manual has the CC Buttons "On/Off" in the middle, and "Cancel" on the bottom, whereas my son's Spanish 2012 ST is "Cancel" in the middle, and "On/Off" on the bottom!

Quote:
I thought ON/OFF was on the bottom and CANCEL was in the middle - I know that's how my car is set up, maybe someone installed my switches incorrectly!
Hi Tony,

My 2012 RX Manual has the CC Buttons "On/Off" in the middle, and "Cancel" on the bottom, whereas my son's Spanish 2012 ST is "Cancel" in the middle, and "On/Off" on the bottom!

So is my order, ON / OFF in the middle and CANCEL down

Quote:
Hi Tony,

Yeah that bugs me. Wife’s 2011 R51 has cancel in the middle, my D40 has it on the bottom. The R51 also has a double speed limit and cruise control on/off as the bottom switch. Always messing it up, hitting off instead of cancel in BOTH vehicles.

One of these days I’ll ‘fix’ the D40.

Anyone know if it’s pissible to get a ‘cruise set’ indicator on a 2007 D40?

So is my order, ON / OFF in the middle and CANCEL down

I think having the On/Off on the bottom, with Cancel closer to the adjust switch is more intuitive. This is how mine is at the moment, maybe I'm just accustomed to it, but if I hit Cancel it just stops the ASCD from controlling the car, it doesn't turn off and doesn't forget the last speed I'd set, so I can be in an 80km/h zone, find roadworks and hit Cancel, and on the other side just tap the adjust button up to Resume and off we go again.

I installed the switch and still no response from the cruise control, I will check if I have the installation from the ECU to the steering column

Did you ever end up getting the cruise control working? Sorry for reviving the old thread but this is where google keeps taking me, as well as some inconclusive threads on nissan-navara.net.

Latest posts

Back