could be toolate ,hopenot

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkkat

Reaction score
hi all just ordered a timing chain conversion kit from UK Its made in Germany seller had good e bay reviews, BUT on further searches, after I paid they don't sound too good Don't know what I, ll get but its got to be better than whats rattling round in there now Nissan must be dumb, to use single row chain Other makers have been using double row chains for more than 40 years with no troubles . regards terry

Or hy-vo chains like I had in my 1977 XJS (which, I should add, also had climate control, and my 2009 top-of-the-range STX D40 didn't, a point which I did make clear to the dealer at the time).

The double-row chain will be better. Is it essential? Only an honest mechanic can tell you. Was it a waste of money? Probably not. There's nothing like the satisfaction of changing a part from a "possibly weak" one to a "damn yeah, this ain't gunna let go any time soon" one.

Hopefully you also ordered new tensioners, or at the very least, the tensioner face plates, at the same time. One of the theories (which I can't dispute) is that the fault actually lies in the tensioner allowing the chain to flex too much which causes it to stretch as the slack is taken back up and destroys the sprockets etc etc.

The German kits seem OK, some good reports, so I wouldn't worry.
The simplex chain issues on the D40 are mostly linked to the low quality chain on the Spain models 2007 to 2010. Other than that the simplex chains seem to work fine.

Latest posts

Back