Cooling transmission oil

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I run a2010 , Thai bld.D40 5 speed auto, 93000 klms. I recently installed a temp sensor in the trans. oil cooler line at the g'box. The temp ran up to 100C on the way up to Malanda, cool evening, not towing and only lightly loaded . The oem cooler seems big enough (590mm x 200mm x 20mm ),and has been removed & flushed. New oil ( from Nissan, Total )in the box before travelling. My observations are, that their is very little of the cooler assy that is directly exposed to the incoming air, as it is mostly hidden directly behind the front plastic bumper. Has anyone modified the front to make an air scoop to direct air where it should be going,or moved the cooler up, or fitted a different type of cooler that does a better job ? I am going to remove the trans oil cooler hoses from the engine radiator to remove that source of heat. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful. TOM

You could redirect air into the cooler, it wouldn't hurt, just be aware that in Australia that also means you're redirecting moths, grasshoppers, rabbit guts and duck eggs in there as well.

It's a long story.

Back