Cooling/Radiator to ally/ do you do the Water pump too? Whist ya there as they say!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it chipped? No fuel leaks?

I filled mine up today. After 319 kms since last fill, it took 31.1 litres which is roughly about right, depending on conditions. Not particularly light either. Got steel bar, winch, second battery, rear canopy and a fair bit of gear and tools I just leave in it. Was still some way above half full at that.
Fuel leaks. ... Eeexcuuussse me... not on my horse ;)

Nahhhh no dribbles, I'm always watching the deck for wet spots and nothing...

Don't know what it is with mine being so thirsty. ... compression is the only thing i can think of :(...

Would be noticeable if the rings were that bad surely? Go through much oil?

Then again I had an old diesel once that used lots of oil as it started to get high mileage on it, yet it didn't noticeably affect the economy. It didn't go any different either (was always gutless lol).

Could be something wrong in the chip, over fuelling it?

Generally I think these motors are better on fuel than comparable small diesels, probably don't go as well as some of them either though.

I had a remapped ECU from East coast performance fitted to mine and I still get around 9 - 10 LP/100. Mostly hit around 600 km at 1/4 tank. Are your Kms measured on odo with the big tyres? How about a GPS measurement? Mine is about 10% lower now so probably getting around 650km at 1/4 tank left really.
Are you wringing it's neck Binawhile?

I had a remapped ECU from East coast performance fitted to mine and I still get around 9 - 10 LP/100. Mostly hit around 600 km at 1/4 tank. Are your Kms measured on odo with the big tyres? How about a GPS measurement? Mine is about 10% lower now so probably getting around 650km at 1/4 tank left really.
Are you wringing it's neck Binawhile?
Lol nooo, I never wring it's neck, I could hit it with an axe when it breaks though...

No, not using oil, derr good point ;) apart from what's being caught in the catch cans and that amount has gone up slightly.. I'll clean air and oil catch cans and do a GPS check on the way to Avoca this week..

By odo! I'll do a GPS one this week...

Would be noticeable if the rings were that bad surely? Go through much oil?

Then again I had an old diesel once that used lots of oil as it started to get high mileage on it, yet it didn't noticeably affect the economy. It didn't go any different either (was always gutless lol).

Could be something wrong in the chip, over fuelling it?

Generally I think these motors are better on fuel than comparable small diesels, probably don't go as well as some of them either though.
Whoops, you made the oil use comment... no, not other than what's getting trapped by the catch cans...

Latest posts

Back