Coolant leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben_payne92

Reaction score
Hey guys just finished putting a new head and also a new timing backing plate on, all is sweet and shes running well but i have this weird coolant leak that i cant quite pinpoint, ive uploaded some photos it was hard to get a good one but its basically just at the front of the engine and it looks to either be seeping out of the head gasket or maybe between the timing cover

Attachments

• leak.jpg
    leak.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 39
  • coolant.jpg
    coolant.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 39
Which engine?
It does look like it's seeping from the head gasket in the pic. Couldn't be from around the water pump anywhere?

Hey bro it’s a zd30 would the water pump leak end up there? It could be that because I didn’t have a gasket at the time so it’s only got gasket glue on it

Possibly. Remember the fan is in front of the water pump dragging lots of air through radiator and over motor, so any leaks will get blown all over the place in a basically rearward direction. Then settle from gravity when you turn it off. Sounds more likely than your head gasket, maybe it didn't quite seal, wouldn't need much of a leak to do that?

Latest posts

Back