Combination cluster fuzes keep blowing.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnl56

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2012 D22 155K and I am having an issue with the 10amp fuse keeps blowing for my cluster. It happens intermittently and has been ok for months. But yesterday we went up to Mt Lomond in Tassie and it blew after I hit the dirt road for a bit, I changed it out at the top and on the way back down it popped again. I have made no mods apart from spotties, but it had done this before that as well. No electrical smell as you might get with a short. I am wondering about a bad earth but that would not normally cause a fuse to blow I would think, just make the cluster not work as the earth was broken. Any ideas? I am going to do a bit of a hunt today but was hoping someone might have come across this before and be able to pint me in the right direction.

Regards

John

Try providing a separate earth point to the stereo. The head unit and instrument cluster used to share an earth point, it's possible that one or the other is drawing extra power through the fuse to compensate for the poor earth.

I am replacing the stereo anyway so I will do that in the next few days. It is something that happens only occasionally.

Thanks for getting back to me

john

When i had my D22 i replaced the Single din with a radio out of a 2014 D40 , as the owner had it replaced and i picked it up for $100 . I was told by Nissan that it would never work , So with nothing to loose i wired it up and installed it and it worked with out any problems for the next 4 years till i upgraded to a JVC double din with blutooth

Attachments

• DSC00882.JPG
    DSC00882.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1058.JPG
    IMG_1058.JPG
    719.1 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back