Cold start knocking / missing D22 2.5

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza414

Reaction score
An old post but lets see how relevant mine is

As soon as winter came upon us ..1st thing in the morning its slower to start..1st time after 10 yrs of ownership and its missing along with what would appear to be a hard mechanical knock.
The car is definately missing as I rev it up a little. The glow plug light comes on and off as usual but Ive never neaded to wait..jump in and it starts straight away and no knocking.
This car would have to be one of the most well maintained Navaras ..255K's on it..oil and filter changes every 5K since new. All V belts get changed every 2 yrs along with all water hoses etc etc. ..not related.

Once the car has been driven 200 / 300m the noise slowly goes away..start it up anytime during the day..no issues

Im not going to dismiss the belts and water etc might be the issue for others but this is not the cases here .

Injectors are "cracked open " electrically ..any sensors could be impacting cold start ?

first thing is glow plugs.
make sure they have power and then check each one that its not open circuit.
2nd is battery, makes sure thats charged up and connections good.

An old post but lets see how relevant mine is

As soon as winter came upon us ..1st thing in the morning its slower to start..1st time after 10 yrs of ownership and its missing along with what would appear to be a hard mechanical knock.
The car is definately missing as I rev it up a little. The glow plug light comes on and off as usual but Ive never neaded to wait..jump in and it starts straight away and no knocking.
This car would have to be one of the most well maintained Navaras ..255K's on it..oil and filter changes every 5K since new.

Once the car has been driven 200 / 300m the noise slowly goes away..start it up anytime during the day..no issues

Im not going to dismiss the belts and water etc might be the issue for others but this is not the cases here .

Injectors are "cracked open " electrically ..any sensors could be impacting cold start ?

As above and it's good to start with easiest/obvious things first, but it could also be from a number of causes (including injectors). Is it the common rail engine? Also, has it been over heated at any time recently?

All V belts get changed every 2 yrs along with all water hoses etc etc. ..
Can you save your "old ones" for me lol.

Latest posts

Back