Cobez's 2020 D23 ST

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobez

Reaction score
Well, here she is. Not much right now. Had some 265/75/16 Nitto Ridge Grapplers fitted today. Apart from that she is stock.

Currently sitting in my garage to be fitted in the next few weeks at home is:

A full front and rear Bilstein 2" lift (adjustable struts)
Genuine Nissan bonnet protector
Genuine Nissan weathershields
Genuine Nissan black side mirror covers
Provent 200 catch can kit
EGR delete
Custom fitted black neoprene seat covers

Coming from the other ute (D40 STX) that had a 5" lift, 33's and a tonne of mods done, this is my first ever brand new car, so it will be more mild than wild.

No cheap crap on this one. Either genuine or higher end gear. I'm getting a bit too old and tired to be laying under a 4x4 each weekend doing this and that. This one is just going to be a tidy clean rig. Doubt it will even get a bullbar to be honest.

Needless to say i absolutely love it. Bit laggy in 1st gear, and it has a DPF obviously which sucks. But boot it to 3000 revs and it moves bloody quick!

Attachments

• 20210325_173158.jpg
    20210325_173158.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 42
  • 20210325_173202.jpg
    20210325_173202.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 43
  • 20210325_173209.jpg
    20210325_173209.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 42
  • 20210325_173217.jpg
    20210325_173217.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 20210325_173228.jpg
    20210325_173228.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 20210325_173242.jpg
    20210325_173242.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
Well, everything is fitted. Just dropped it off at Nissan for it's first (free) service. Any services after this will be done at Opposite Lock for log book servicing. The lady at the service counter accidently said "so today's service will be $540 upon collection of your vehicle".

I said "erm, no, first service free it's on my file". She checked and all is good, but that $540 was for oil, oil filter and air filter.

Opposite Lock do the same service, genuine Nissan filters, with an ACTUAL safety check and inspection and torque up your suspension bolts, chassis bolts etc for $500 and it's closer to home.

Also took the EGR cable off before i went into Nissan, found the ute actually takes off better without it. So in the bin that overpriced resistor goes and ordered a 304 stainless blanking plate.

I was skeptical on those cables to begin with, but gave it a shot anyway. Now i'm convinced they do jack all for an NP300.

Will get some photos up this weekend. Been a bit slack as of late.

Well, everything is fitted. Just dropped it off at Nissan for it's first (free) service. Any services after this will be done at Opposite Lock for log book servicing. The lady at the service counter accidently said "so today's service will be $540 upon collection of your vehicle".

I said "erm, no, first service free it's on my file". She checked and all is good, but that $540 was for oil, oil filter and air filter.

Opposite Lock do the same service, genuine Nissan filters, with an ACTUAL safety check and inspection and torque up your suspension bolts, chassis bolts etc for $500 and it's closer to home.

Also took the EGR cable off before i went into Nissan, found the ute actually takes off better without it. So in the bin that overpriced resistor goes and ordered a 304 stainless blanking plate.

I was skeptical on those cables to begin with, but gave it a shot anyway. Now i'm convinced they do jack all for an NP300.

Will get some photos up this weekend. Been a bit slack as of late.
Gee $540 is steep. Surprising they change the air filter at the first service. In our other ute, the air filter doesn't get changed until 72,000ks! One extreme to the other.
Looking forward to the photos. Missed the last ones until now.

Bloody criminals mate. I took a silver paint pen and made a small marking on the oil filter and checked it when i collected the ute, just to make sure they ACTUALLY changed it. Checked the oil on the dipstick too before i drove off, oil was fresh so looks like they actually did the service. Haha.

Bloody criminals mate. I took a silver paint pen and made a small marking on the oil filter and checked it when i collected the ute, just to make sure they ACTUALLY changed it. Checked the oil on the dipstick too before i drove off, oil was fresh so looks like they actually did the service. Haha.
I usually mark the oil filter too. Also the tyres because the wheels are supposed to be rotated on the other ute at every service and I ALWAYS have to argue that they actually do it, and then they don't reset the TPMS. Last service included a brake fluid flush (yeah before the air filter is due) and they insisted it was done. Lying bastards. The bleed nipple caps were still dusty when I looked, so they eventually conceded, apologized and took it back in the workshop, only to leave brake fluid on the back of every tyre and rim. It doesn't end there for that service but will leave it at that lol.

Actually too good an opportunity to let pass. This is a bit more of their handiwork.
IMG_20201121_063507.jpg
The chassis is not painted but rather coated with a greasy wax coating. I didn't notice until I got home but they stripped the coating off under the oil filter and sump plug, presumably after cleaning oil that they let run everywhere. Bet they would be a bit more fussy or would have fixed it, if it was their own car.
Not a Nissan but typical of most dealer networks I reckon.
Apologies for getting carried away and posting this stuff in your "Members rides".

Last edited:
Jesus! That's a prime example of why i don't trust them. They are about turning over in volume and not quality. I have noticed the chassis on mine under the engine has a wax type coating on the cross member as well. Lying bastards.

Attachments

• 20210504_075318.jpg
    20210504_075318.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
  • 20210504_075325.jpg
    20210504_075325.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Jesus! That's a prime example of why i don't trust them. They are about turning over in volume and not quality. I have noticed the chassis on mine under the engine has a wax type coating on the cross member as well. Lying bastards.
Looks good. Did you notice much noise with the new tyres?

I was pleasantly surprised with them. They are Nitto Ridge Grapplers, you can JUST hear a bit of road noise, but they don't roar like my old Dick Cepeks.

And they grip like s*** to sheets. Really impressed with them actually. They look big for 265's as well. She's nice and mild. The Bilstein front and rears are sensational, best suspension i have had so far out of Ironman, Tough Dog and Rancho in that order.

Ditching that EGR delete cable was definitely a good idea though, it was lagging down low in first gear off the line, as soon as i took it off, it was much better. So an EGR plate is on the way now.

Does anyone know if you still have to drill an 8mm hole in the EGR plates for the D23 auto's?

I have no idea about the EGR plate on a D23 unfortunately.
Bilstein's are great shocks. I have the 4600 on the Nav and 5100 on the other.
It will be interesting to see what ks you get from the Ridge Grapplers. They look similar to the BFG K02's, at least in the sidewall.

Last service at Nissan I placed a piece of sticky tape across the oil filter excess hole when I picked it up it was still there. When fronted. The head mechanic claimed they had removed the whole under cover. Wink wink

I have no idea about the EGR plate on a D23 unfortunately.
Bilstein's are great shocks. I have the 4600 on the Nav and 5100 on the other.
It will be interesting to see what ks you get from the Ridge Grapplers. They look similar to the BFG K02's, at least in the sidewall.

I definitely rate them. Firm without being teeth crackers, and they just feel so nice on the road over dips and bumps. You're spot on though, my mate is one of the purchasing officers for Nitto tyres Victoria and they basically made these to compete with the BF's. They are cheaper and just as good IMO.

Last service at Nissan I placed a piece of sticky tape across the oil filter excess hole when I picked it up it was still there. When fronted. The head mechanic claimed they had removed the whole under cover. Wink wink

Why does that not surprise me. You'd think with Nissan's buying power which means their filters cost them sweet FA, then you paying a premium for their servicing, they could ACTUALLY do the service.

That's why i'm going to my local Opposite Lock now for log book servicing, at least i know they will ACTUALLY do the service and they use genuine Nissan filters upon request. Nissan can go and get well and truly rooted.

That really pi55es me off. It's no different to stealing. Imagine what they do or more precisely don't do when it comes to fleet vehicles where there is nobody to check. I'm waiting for warranty to end and will do the servicing myself. At least I will know then what has actually been done. Already bought a stockpile of filters.

What's an under cover?

I definitely rate them. Firm without being teeth crackers, and they just feel so nice on the road over dips and bumps. You're spot on though, my mate is one of the purchasing officers for Nitto tyres Victoria and they basically made these to compete with the BF's. They are cheaper and just as good IMO.

Why does that not surprise me. You'd think with Nissan's buying power which means their filters cost them sweet FA, then you paying a premium for their servicing, they could ACTUALLY do the service.

That's why i'm going to my local Opposite Lock now for log book servicing, at least i know they will ACTUALLY do the service and they use genuine Nissan filters upon request. Nissan can go and get well and truly rooted.

I can buy GENUINE Nissan oil filters for $6ea... how much do you think they cost Nissan?

Gee $540 is steep. Surprising they change the air filter at the first service. In our other ute, the air filter doesn't get changed until 72,000ks! One extreme to the other.
Looking forward to the photos. Missed the last ones until now.
I thought the same thing! I reckon I would be like "Hey, chuck the used air filter in the back seat, I will get rid of that for you...."

I can buy GENUINE Nissan oil filters for $6ea... how much do you think they cost Nissan?

Exactly! I have been a purchasing officer in the diesel industry for a while now, buying CAT, John Deere, Donaldson, Fleetguard etc etc filters, and i don't have the buying power Nissan do, and our markups are decent, with Nissan's manafacturing and buying power, they'd be buying or making them for a lot less than we would, and their markups would be in excess of 500%.

It's not a wonder they are where they are today in terms of money.

After reading this thread I now understand why the Service Department (oxymoron I know) is the most profitable part of any Stealership.

"it's when you change the oil filter wearing a fedora and dark sunglasses." Now that is funny. :rofl2:

Latest posts

Back