Clock Spring.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuda

Reaction score
My clock spring has gone (replaced the original one about 3 years ago - 2008 D40). I brought a 'better replacement' one from eBay back then. Now looking for any advice from the forum as to where I should get a new one. The eBay ones vary in price wildly (although not sure if I can trust the description) however most are offering a 2-year warranty. Any Ideas?
Cheers,
Paul.

There are two types of assembled clock springs available on eBay. Generally they are labelled with an "L" for left hand drive vehicles and these are cheaper, and with an "R" for right hand drive vehicles and these cost a fair bit more.

I've used both. The "L" ones will change the indicator cancel behaviour when cornering in a right hand drive car (I presume it works the same the other way too).

Either one will restore electrical function to the steering wheel controls.

My best success though was when my wife found a source for the ribbon cables that go into the clock spring. I disassembled the device, replaced the cable, reassembled it and ensured I had it centred properly before reinstallation (also made sure the car's wheels were pointed straight forward).

This same spring is still in the car after several years, and hasn't missed a beat.

I got one from clock springs Australia a little while ago. It was the second replacement for me, but I can’t recall wether I got a cheaper from eBay or somewhere more reputable.

Latest posts

Back