clicking noise engine wont crank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Reaction score
Hi

First visit to forum for me, quick question. I have a 2002 navara and recently it stopped starting in the morning, just makes a clicking noise. Load tested battery and tested alternator both seem to be fine. Checked earth and that seems to be fine. Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers

There is usually a large fuse in the engine bay somwhere..im sure its just for the starter curcuit.in a d40 it hangs off the battery.im just gessing that yours has one too.

Starter motor. The click is probably the solenoid throwing the gear out, but if the brushes in the actual starter motor are worn out if won't have the ability to crank the motor over.

If youve ruled out battery, terminals, and leads then what bods said, look at starter and solenoid. Sounds like a sticking solenoid, see if you can tap it with a screwdriver or hammer while someone cranks motor. Used to work on my old valiant.

If youve ruled out battery, terminals, and leads then what bods said, look at starter and solenoid. Sounds like a sticking solenoid, see if you can tap it with a screwdriver or hammer while someone cranks motor. Used to work on my old valiant.
I use to carry a length of water pipe for that exact job when i had my RT40 corona.

Latest posts

Back