Cleaning tricks and tips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All, I Was using purple metal polish on ARB side steps took 2 hours to polish 500mm buy 100mm checker plate very close to the sill.
‘They hadn’t had any love for about 2 years... in the end I gave up to hard to long and a poor result...
I seen on eBay the same company had a product call deoxygenator,
‘WOW, I finished the rest of both sidesteps in less than an hour then I re did the 500mm because it looked dull, took 5min, amazing finish for little effort.
Now I’m wondering If anyone has some tricks or tips for car cleaning that they would like to share ? Either to make it easier or for a better finish maybe even not what to do... :)

I'm interested in the deoxygenator, care to put up a link for that? My caravan has checkerplate right across the lower front (to about halfway up) and a 100mm high strip down the bottom of both sides. I'm also buying a checkerplate box to house the two gas bottles and a new 10l diesel fuel tank that I'm adding to the caravan for the heater, so being able to keep these clean would be great.

And the sliders on my car ... they've got a fair bit of tarnish. Be nice to see them looking good again!

B0FDA526-D632-426E-9D9B-BAA1628FDD65.png
20FEB90F-3701-4910-B0AA-F30C09D7B75D.jpeg

I see autoglym has a polar series of washes ... blast(pre), wash and seal, has anyone here used it ?
I have been using the Autoglym products on the 550 being flame red from day 1, I can see lots of light circular marks in the paint work now might be time for a very light cut and polish... any ideas ?

Hay people ended up getting the polar blast, wash and shine with a foam gun.
I think the wash is quite good, but would suit a smaller car because by the time you finish agitating a Navara the wash is already drying, if you do it in sections you have to keep changing the ends on the pressure washer
the shine is good straight on and wash off.
not sure about the blast didn’t seam to do anymore than a pressure wash.
just for fun I tried CT 20L truck wash with a half half mix in the foam gun and it worked perfectly hehehe
foam Gun would be good for washing a caravan or walls down ect

Latest posts

Back