Clarky...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The intercooler itself and a quick shot of where I want to mount it. I've got a lot of tetris to play to make that thing fit.

Attachments

• image-1481805109.jpg
    image-1481805109.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 137
  • image-3177192253.jpg
    image-3177192253.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 183
SO, no major updates on the truck. I've re-routed the air intake to make room for the intercooler and I'm using some spare time at work to make up the bracket to mount it, but that might be a while away yet.

In other news, I'm getting some 33" Maxxis Bighorns fitted on friday morning.

and here's the truck with 33's on...

It's bogged down a fair bit with the added rolling diameter, but a few adjustments on the chip and it's sitting a bit prettier.

I've been noticing that there's a bit of oil seeping out from under the rocker cover and the catch can is catching a fair bit more oil lately, and my fuel consumption has got a lot worse of late, so i think she'll be headed to a proper diesel mechanic for some professional TLC pretty soon.

Attachments

• Clarky-2.jpg
    Clarky-2.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 140
I got around to finalizing the winch install today. It works well, just gotta work out how to secure the hook.

Attachments

• image-1155770716.jpg
    image-1155770716.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2799785213.jpg
    image-2799785213.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 147
Hey Josh
Clarky is looking tuff as!!! Nice work! I ditched the hook and use a shackle when winching and I put one of the tie down hooks out of the D22 tub in the bar just below the fairlead to hook the rope over to secure the end, looks nice and neat. What ever you do don't pull the plasma out and tie off to recovery point ect as it degrades in UV.

Hey Josh
Clarky is looking tuff as!!! Nice work! I ditched the hook and use a shackle when winching and I put one of the tie down hooks out of the D22 tub in the bar just below the fairlead to hook the rope over to secure the end, looks nice and neat. What ever you do don't pull the plasma out and tie off to recovery point ect as it degrades in UV.

Thanks you so much! This is exactly the sort if information I've been wanting!

Alright, i've got some MAJOR works planned for the truck in the very near future.

I've got a set of 4.625 diff ratios to swap into my centres, for some added OOMPF! in the lower gears (sorely wanted with the 33's), and after that, I'm gonna bite the bullet and get a Mike Vine VNT turbo installed.

I'm definitely going to get a full dyno work up (of each gear) done before and after the turbo upgrade.

along with those major works, i've got a H/D clutch, wheel bearings, brake caliper recondition kit, front and rear diff bearings, and a gearbox inspection/tightening(?) to have happen.

huge, huge, huge things. lots of money, but i plan on driving this truck till it dies, and it's going to take me all over Australia before it does.

So here's the start of the current project - A custom rear bar with swing away wheel carrier. The first step was always going to be a rear quarter chop, which i knocked over this afternoon in about 1.5-2 hours.

more updates on sunday or monday once work on the bar has begun.

Attachments

• rear quarter chop.jpg
    rear quarter chop.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 201
Here's a sneak peak of what we got done yesterday. What you're seeing is the final departure angle of the completed bar :rock:

And a huge shout-out to Dave (Deadly, ^^that guy^^) for doing the awesome fab. work.

There's a 50mm pipe to go on top of the tow bar that wraps around the sides of the tub, then a second 50mm tube that will be offset inwards that will come off the sides of the tow bar and also wrap around the sides of the tub. There will be some infill plate and stop/tail and indicators as well.

And a swing away jerrycan holder and wheel carrier.

The ends of the solid plate bracket you can see sticking past the tow bar will become recovery points.

Still a fair bit of work to go, and I've got a lot more progress photos on my laptop, which I'll try and upload tonight.

We're continuing work on it on Saturday, so hopefully I'll have some extra awesome photos by Saturday night.

Attachments

• image-1228485148.jpg
    image-1228485148.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 125
So i've got all the mechanical works booked for my truck, by easter i'll have:
New clutch, new wheel bearings, 4.625 diff ratios, tighter rear LSD, and a Mike Vine VNT turbo.

this thing is gonna be a BEAST!.

So I've had the truck back for a day after getting clutch, wheel bearings and diff ratios changed. She rolls a lot nicer than before.

The diff ratios have a made an enormous difference to how it performs, she takes off a lot easier and seems to have a lot more grunt on the highway (especially in 5th gear)

Now all that's left is mike vine's on Monday.

Can't wait y'all!

Hey man truck looks awesome, which diff ratio's did you end up using...? really looking forward to seeing some results after the mike vines treatment, sounds like he is the Zordo of the turbo world

Latest posts

Back