Cigarette socket always on, or Fuse?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paceman

Reaction score
hi all,

looking to find out if the cigarette socket on my Dad's 2001 navara is an 'always on' type?

i want to set up a cheap solar battery charger (because he doesn't drive it very often, health reasons) and some of them work through a cigarette socket that is always on.

otherwise, i was thinking of piggy backing off a fuse that is powered all the time?

any advice or further information would be great.

thanks,

shannon

What model? The cigarette lighter on my D22 only comes on when the ignition is on, if that's what you mean..

The cigarette lighter on my D40 is always on and I started to think that is the cause that my battery voltage is draining for some reason.

The one in the front console is usually on, yes, and removing anything from there is a good idea. There's another in the centre console under your elbow which is switched on when ACC is on. I use that one for phone chargers, and I do not use the front one. I have installed a second socket in the round blank opposite the hazard light switch near the air conditioning and I've wired it to the ACC power.

The one in the front console is usually on, yes, and removing anything from there is a good idea. There's another in the centre console under your elbow which is switched on when ACC is on. I use that one for phone chargers, and I do not use the front one. I have installed a second socket in the round blank opposite the hazard light switch near the air conditioning and I've wired it to the ACC power.
That is a good idea @Old.Tony, I will look to install a second socket in the round blank.

Latest posts

Back