Cig Lighter Not Working. D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Few years ago my ciggy lighter stopped working.

fuse didnt look cooked but i changed it and it started working again until i was on a road trip with a fridge plugged in and it stopped. changed the cig lighter fuse and it did nothing.
any help would be good as i dont want to go to a sparky and find out it was something simple.

Cheers, Josh

You can buy replacements. It is more than likely corroded. Get a test light and check that it is getting power at the back of the lighter If it is then you know what the issue is. Check the fuse as well. They may look ok but sometimes they just crap out.

If the fridge is drawing more than 10A then something's wrong with the fridge. Most draw 7.5A peak (that's the Secop compressor for a 60L or larger fridge, the Secops for smaller fridges draw about 5.5A and the Engels draw about 3.5A peak).

I'd replace the fuse and check the voltage at the outlet. It might be an idea to (without anything in the cig lighter outlet) checking the current flowing through the fuse (remove fuse, multimeter black lead on one fuse base, red on the other, set to 10A). I'd also get a separate outlet (and battery, do this on a workbench) and measure the current being drawn from the battery (through a fuse!) when the fridge is plugged in. It might be a stalled (stuffed) compressor and it's struggling to get the fridge started causing a high load. Maybe the fridge needs attention? You might have two problems, not one!

Latest posts

Back