Chinese motor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnvE

Reaction score
Hi, I am an owner of a dead zd30 and am looking at motors on Alibaba. Probably could get one for less than 2 grand
They are generally less than 10 years old with lowish Kms. The Chinese zd30 probably won't work as it is the crd version and my ute would need extensive rewiring. I am looking at a qd32t, it would fit, probably minimal electronics and can come with a gearbox if it doesn't fit mine. It is rated at a lot less power but than be fixed? Anyone else thinking of doing this?

no idea on chinese motor. i would usually get a used jap import.
the original qd32t are electronic pump. there is/was a crowd here that used to do that conversion but i don't know what they did with the pump.
by mem gearbox should bolt up.

So does that need a ecu? Qd32 and zd30 are getting quite old so they would be getting hard to find in Japan. On the other hand there are millions of them in China. Trouble is no one seems to know much about them.

Would it be legal to run an older engine than the one that came with the car? I'm thinking that maybe the emissions control system wouldn't meet the requirements?

You might be right. The qd32t is actually 13 years newer than the zd30 in my ute but it was made for the Chinese market so I have no idea what emission standard it was built to. The Chinese ute market is huge with many makes, most of them built with whatever shit they could get hold of. There are thousands of motors on Alibaba. I have bought stuff off their before. It's not too painful.

i don't know what you guys engine swap rules are.
there is a lot of markets that still use old engines. often made under license.
you can still get old engines out of japan etc.

the other thing is whats the cost to fix the zd30? might still be cheaper than a conversion.

I can get the qd32t for around 1500 and the parts for the rebuild are about the same. I'm not confident of doing the rebuild myself whereas a motor swap seems an easier proposition. I don't know the full legalities, it's probably illegal

Latest posts

Back