Child Restraints D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee I suppose evry thing has changed recently . When I got my Nav second hand in 2006
I thought i ws ripped of !!! No rear head rests.. On further inspection I found that i had two child restraints fitted behind my back seats..

Took me ages to find a set of head rests... I guess the retraints are out dated now....!!

Despite what the call them they aren't supposed to be used as headrests any way but I reckon they saw you coming, they knew you didn't need restraints so they took something you did need/want in the hope you'd ask them to fit them back to the car. Had you gone in to sale day with a pram they'd have taken the restraints out and given your headrests....The bastards are watching and thinking.

I'm trying to get them fitted to my 05 d22. The only threads I can find to bolt the restraints in are the head rest ones. Do I just use these?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

No the restraints that were fitted to my car had half inch holes drilled into the body work with treaded backong plates outside. the head rest thingys are a bit piss weak for child restraints . you can have one of the ones I removed from my car. PM me if you want it

Mine are the same as Al's I think

Attachments

• Restraint point.jpg
    Restraint point.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,248
  • Restraint point 2.jpg
    Restraint point 2.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 680
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 652
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 640
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 488
Hey all, just picked up a 2003 st-r any one know of an installer in brisbane? any help would be fantastic.

cheers

Figure I'll post in this thread instead of starting a new one.

Where could I get one of these from?
\
5tFxQ.png

I've looked high and low and can't find one. The guy won't install my bolt ect until I have this piece, and I'd rather the same setup that Al has compared to the one where it goes from the bottom of the window and riveted to the roof.

Cheers.

Also if anyone on here has one with the bolts ect and wants to sell it let me know.

Thanks, Traian.

I got mine done and with an nrma approved fitted certificate from macks auto in sharp street Cooma nsw.
Call nrma and they can give you anlistnof authorised fitters

Mine are the same as Al's I think

Anyone know where I can get the kits from (as seen in Gonzo's post on previous page) -- not keen on paying someone less qualified than myself to drill two holes.

Last edited:
Can't you get them from "baby co" or places like that.
They should sell them as they are licences restraint sellers and fitters.

My brother has ordered a d22 after hearing the deal I got and he needs restraints too. We have the the workshop to do this and a person qualified to certify this. Just need to find the mounts as seen in above posts.

My brother has ordered a d22 after hearing the deal I got and he needs restraints too. We have the the workshop to do this and a person qualified to certify this. Just need to find the mounts as seen in above posts.
By law you are supposed to have it installed by a accredited installer that will attach a mod plate with the symbols DCA, duel cab anchorage I never bothered with it I think at the time I got the mounts from Babyco just as Nathan suggested.

By law you are supposed to have it installed by a accredited installer that will attach a mod plate with the symbols DCA, duel cab anchorage I never bothered with it I think at the time I got the mounts from Babyco just as Nathan suggested.

Like any modification to a car any one can do the work, it just needs to be checked by an authorised person (engineer) to do up a mod plate and place it on te vehicle.

It's the same when you take out a front bench seat of a HQ and replace with buckets, you just go to who ever in your area to check it, give your seats a check over, do up a mod plate and place on your vehicle.

Latest posts

Back