Central Locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mage

Reaction score
Hi, this is my second vehicle a navara thai march 2010 4wd d40 rx king cab, first was an old 2wd 88 hilux.
I am wondering how I can tell if it has central locking as i only got one mechanical key when i bought it. I don't know what i am looking for. It has no power windows and key was so worn I had to get a new one cut just to open passenger side door. Online it says that they all have central locking, just want to make sure this is true, otherwise i have to get it put in.
Cheers Aden

if its got central locking the doors should automatically lock when you key lock the drivers door .i would think that you should have a electrical switch on each door ,check if there are any fuses for it ,you could pull off trim and see if its got a solonoid on the lock , each solonoid should have a plastic lever connection which can break if your drivers door one is brocken it may not activate the others

Just got a message back from nissan dealership. had sent them my vin and they responded saying my vehicle has no central locking and there was no kit to retrofit it. Going to take it to one of the local auto electrical places. Anyone know if I can get the central locking out of a wrecked 2010 thai st-r etc... and put it in??? Would it just connect straight to existing bcm then I get nissan to program a key or something. Just want a key that will work not an extra fob or anything, will be used at home, camping and hunting so less things to lose or break the better.
Cheers

Just got a message back from nissan dealership. had sent them my vin and they responded saying my vehicle has no central locking and there was no kit to retrofit it. Going to take it to one of the local auto electrical places. Anyone know if I can get the central locking out of a wrecked 2010 thai st-r etc... and put it in??? Would it just connect straight to existing bcm then I get nissan to program a key or something. Just want a key that will work not an extra fob or anything, will be used at home, camping and hunting so less things to lose or break the better.
Cheers

My 2010 RX 2x4 had central locking that was operated by a button in the same cluster as the window winders. Anti hijack or something

It did not however have a transponder - for which I was grateful for when I had to get a key cut

This was however a Jan 2010 - the last of the series two I think and they threw some stuff in to clear them out - Alloys, CD player and a few other bits.

Mine doesn't even have power windows, mirrors etc... wanted an st or str but had to settle for base model rx as they went to quickly for me to even get a look.

Back