Catch can

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halz

Reaction score
Hi guys newbie here I've been told that a catch can is a good idea only I have no knowledge now some of my friends are saying the catch Can doesn't require a filter and some say yes please help me clear this up thanks

what i noticed with my catch can is oil sits in the hose thats because the inlet of catchcan is higher than the connection point in the rocker cover, need to lower it
You maybe onto something. I have a Provent and seems to be the same issue. Catches bugger all oil. The catch can is sitting in a real hot part of the engine bay and like yours the inlet is higher. It's up high on the passenger side. Only Place the thing could fit. Just near the ABS unit. I think these things need more condensing of the oil mist rather than the so called coalescing of it. Starting to think an alloy job out front in the airflow may be more beneficial. Other option is to vent crankcase to atmosphere. Bit naughty I know.

you really do need a filter because the oil comes out as a mist, which flows straight through an empty catch can.
Thanks will do
Hi guys newbie here I've been told that a catch can is a good idea only I have no knowledge now some of my friends are saying the catch Can doesn't require a filter and some say yes please help me clear this up thanks
Thanks guys will make sure I have a filter inside

You maybe onto something. I have a Provent and seems to be the same issue. Catches bugger all oil. The catch can is sitting in a real hot part of the engine bay and like yours the inlet is higher. It's up high on the passenger side. Only Place the thing could fit. Just near the ABS unit. I think these things need more condensing of the oil mist rather than the so called coalescing of it. Starting to think an alloy job out front in the airflow may be more beneficial. Other option is to vent crankcase to atmosphere. Bit naughty I know.
I empty mine every 3 months and i drain about 100 mil, the inlet from the crank case is in the bottom as the fumes pass through the gauze filter that traps the oil then return the filtered fumes back to the inlet manifold , Make sure you haven't connected the hoses in reverse

I empty mine every 3 months and i drain about 100 mil, the inlet from the crank case is in the bottom as the fumes pass through the gauze filter that traps the oil then return the filtered fumes back to the inlet manifold , Make sure you haven't connected the hoses in reverse
i may put a t piece instead of an elbow at the rocker cover to catch the oil at the moment it is draining back into motor. i notice that the oil thats there is same colour and consistancy as the sump.. i guess later on as the motor wears it may become more contaminated with condensation etc.

Latest posts

Back